Tino Livramento

Yorkie

Say what you want about our summer window but there's no doubt this lad was an absolutely superb bit if business. Excellent footballer. Looks completely competent at left back too.

Literally my only worry with him is if he picks up a recurrence of his injury.

Edited by ponsaelius

13 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Whoever made the Zanetti comparison is spot on. Obviously a long way to match a player of that level but stylistically extremely similar - especially now I've seen him on the left as well.

It was me!!

On 03/11/2023 at 10:31, Mikky said:

Tino’s game is very similar to that of Javier Zanetti’s (Talking about an iconic player here I know!) - never did his game any harm when he played on the left - only ever saw him use his left once - v Eng in 98

Thought when he'd get his opportunity he'd show himself to be too good to leave out and we'd shoehorn him into the side somewhere. The Zanetti comparison is a nice one though a bit premature! Zanetti was my absolute favourite footballer of his era, classy as hell and with a minimum of fuss, no shithousery or silly antics, just got on with the game but what a player, had an uncanny ability to always emerge with the ball no matter how unlikely it seemed. Got left out of Argentinas World cup squad in 2006 because the coach thought he was past it at 32. Was still starting for them in the Copa America in 2011 when he was going on 38.

18 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

If the Jury is still out on Hall then it needn’t be on Tino, think he’s going to be a great signing for us, both for the now and in future.

I mean, the Jury will be out on Hall until midway through next season and deservedly so. He’s a great prospect but his development was never close to what Tino’s was pre-injury. Expect them both to be great for us but Tino is on a different level, good chance he becomes one of our best three players for years 

4 minutes ago, 500bhp said:

When we signed him a Southampton work colleague said we've signed the new Bale. Said he'll start as full back then move into midfield then further forward just as Bale did. Hope he's right. 

Looks too good as a defender to be doing that, mind.

Can’t say I ever paid enough attention to Bale’s early years to know what his defending was like.

He goes on some marauding runs. But had plenty of times to beat his man inside or out today. But was sensible in possession instead. Doesn’t scream a Bale type player to me.