Tino Livramento

Yorkie

2 hours ago, WideopenMag said:

Class performance and correct decision to play him on the left today although many on here were saying otherwise.

I can understand why, Tripps has some experience on the left but it's clear Tino can play there and getting him on the pitch is a good thing.

He's so clearly better than Burn IMO and I love the big fella.

I'd say LB is his position to lose, right now. Livramento is the future.

Someone who can play both fullback positions at such a high standard is gold dust. For me Southgate should have him as first pick going forward, on this basis alone.

12 minutes ago, STM said:

He's so clearly better than Burn IMO and I love the big fella.

I'd say LB is his position to lose, right now. Livramento is the future.

Someone who can play both fullback positions at such a high standard is gold dust. For me Southgate should have him as first pick going forward, on this basis alone.

Still can't believe Southgate took a run into the ground Trippier for two exhibition matches over Livramento. Should have been sacked on the spot for that. 

28 minutes ago, Cf said:

Still can't believe Southgate took a run into the ground Trippier for two exhibition matches over Livramento. Should have been sacked on the spot for that. 

luckily ust the one in the end.

Edited by huss9

Proper footballer this lad. A baller. Just praying he's over the injury and can keep fit. If so he looks headed to the very top of the game. I know he's right-footed and that's not great for balance but he is a level above as a footballer compared to Burn. We lose in the air but Livra is solid in that department. We lose that left footed balance in angles. But Tino is a level maybe two above as a footballer and defender.

Think Eddie has really worked with him the last couple of weeks to get him to do the Burn role properly. Positionally it's a key part of our defensive shape and build up and we really missed it against Bournemouth. 

image.thumb.png.f78f3eb3aae975332c5f2cf1afb63b69.png

completed 43 out of 44 passes too. The only thing missing is that it's harder for him to pass to Gordon than it is for Burn because he's right footed and doesn't have that angle. Passing to Bruno instead isn't a bad alternative though. 

Was our most important summer signing by a distance, both for the short term and long term. he’s pretty much faultless defensively and going forward he offers something completely different from Trippier and the rest of our defence (some similarities to Schar going forward in style though not area of the pitch). He’s probably the player that most excites me in terms of what he’ll contribute to us in the next few years, alongside Isak 

21 minutes ago, Smal said:

Think Eddie has really worked with him the last couple of weeks to get him to do the Burn role properly. Positionally it's a key part of our defensive shape and build up and we really missed it against Bournemouth. 

completed 43 out of 44 passes too. The only thing missing is that it's harder for him to pass to Gordon than it is for Burn because he's right footed and doesn't have that angle. Passing to Bruno instead isn't a bad alternative though. 

He’s been away with the U21’s the last couple of weeks, but regardless you’re still probably right about getting him to play the Burn role.

That graphic doesn’t lie.

42 minutes ago, Smal said:

Nice. One crucial thing he also brings that back 3 shape is recovery pace as well.

He's not even THAT much weaker than Burn in the air, especially when modern strikers/wingers aren't exactly big lads, like they used to be.

I honestly think he could have played CB in Lascelles position and still have performed to a high level. He's that good.

Our right and left back roles are slightly different as we like to weight our play down the right. For him to step into left back and be as disciplined as he was, is incredible really. 

Can't say I've been this excited about a young player in a long time.

4 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Love this kid - But would’ve preferred that he doesn’t have play 3 games in a week though considering the injury 

Tbf, he’s been fully back from the injury for 6 months now. 

If it’s still an issue, it would be #worrying

Wasn't sure it was the right move putting him LB over Trippier given their experiences but he was class. Solid at the back, still contributed moving forward. He could be the player we wished Santon could have been if he wanted as an option over that side. Think he deserves the shirt even when everyone else is fit now.

21 minutes ago, SteV said:

Tbf, he’s been fully back from the injury for 6 months now. 

If it’s still an issue, it would be #worrying

I get what you’re saying, but I just would’ve have preferred to ease him back into the side. Fingers crossed that he can stay fit for a while now as I really do think he should be going to the Euros next year he’s that good