Tino Livramento

Yorkie

I wonder if the protracted delay in signing Targett last summer was because we were looking at other options and now that we’ve signed Targett we need to hold off on a new LB for a bit longer. Very interested to see how we line up at LB this season if Targett is over his injury issues 

7 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Talking about a ‘win win’ deal might just be preparing the ground so it looks better when the sell him. 

£20m payment, £10m if nufc win the league/ CL. We win silverware, they win the jackpot 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I think we will sign Livramento and that will be it.

I don't think we'll get him - Southampton are turning every bid down for every player.  I think they've made a call to keep their squad together to try and come back up 

2 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I don't think we'll get him - Southampton are turning every bid down for every player.  I think they've made a call to keep their squad together to try and come back up 

No one can keep a PL squad in the Championship unless they weren’t paying PL wages in the first place. And given how long Southampton have been in the PL, I’m sure they were.

Whether Livramento is one of those they cut free remains to be seen, but no chance they can keep everyone.

Just now, SteV said:

No one can keep a PL squad in the Championship unless they weren’t paying PL wages in the first place. And given how long Southampton have been in the PL, I’m sure they were.

Whether Livramento is one of those they cut free remains to be seen, but no chance they can keep everyone.

he's never kicked up a fuss ever about leaving and apparanly is very happy about them rescuing his unhappy time at Chelsea.  Southampton also don't need the money so I don't see why not personally.

They're not trying to keep their squad together, they're trying to get the most money they can for them.

Plus in some cases they've just not had the interest they thought / hoped they'd get. I think they thought there'd be a bidding war for all their best players but in the end they've had nothing but sporadic interest from single buyers.

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

he's never kicked up a fuss ever about leaving and apparanly is very happy about them rescuing his unhappy time at Chelsea.  Southampton also don't need the money so I don't see why not personally.

Everyone that gets relegated needs money. Just a question of how much.

Its admirable from Southampton in alot of ways but also, they're leaving it so late to bring players in if they let all 3 of them go. They'll be into their third game of the season before they know whose coming or going.