Harvey Barnes

khay

His stats per 90 last 12 months is like the opposite of ASM interestingly. More goal and aerial threat, but less at carrying ball and creating chances.

Harvey Barnes

Screenshot_20230707_210032_Chrome.thumb.jpg.015769548a105dd963dbcd3688f3260e.jpg

ASM

Screenshot_20230707_210106_Chrome.thumb.jpg.38f761fc94da41619885ff181c461a12.jpg

32 minutes ago, brummie said:

Amazed at the lukewarm response here.

I'd rather sign Barnes than Maddison, he's absolutely one of those players waiting for a good manager to happen for him.

Really? 

I don't think we're going to sell ASM for instance, we know we need another forward and i doubt we'll be able to buy one after Tonali and Barnes (if we sign him). I reckon ASM, Joel and Gordon offer options as back strikers, deep forwards or whatever, using them when needed saving us buying a striker to back up Isak and Wilson.

Just a hunch like, but that scenario gives plenty of cover on both wings and cover up top. Eddie can mix and match as he see fits.

30 minutes ago, La Parka said:

He's gan be great. Don't worry. He's going to be a scorer not a creative force. 

He'll be a threat to the opposition due to his ability to get goals and provide assists. But he'll always get some flack when he doesn't track back or dribble past players at will. Certainly no ASM, but someone to get the goals and stretch the opposition defence. One player I was hoping (naively) that Leicester could hold onto.

Just now, foxghost said:

He'll be a threat to the opposition due to his ability to get goals and provide assists. But he'll always get some flack when he doesn't track back or dribble past players at will. Certainly no ASM, but someone to get the goals and stretch the opposition defence. One player I was hoping (naively) that Leicester could hold onto.

Doesn't track back Doesn't sound like an Eddie Howe type of winger/Wide forward mind

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Wonder if Vardy being finished buggered up Barnes' assists. He got 20+ across the 3 prior seasons.

He has outgained his xA a lot during his career, roughly 15 xA that somehow turned to 25 assists. Feel like some of that is down to Tielemans’ and Maddison’s shooting ability and Vardy’s running power without looking at them more deeply.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

He has outgained his xA a lot during his career, roughly 15 xA that somehow turned to 25 assists. Feel like some of that is down to Tielemans’ and Maddison’s shooting ability and Vardy’s running power without looking at them more deeply.

Probably takes corners/free kicks. @foxghost that true? 

If he had played mainly RW I'd be all in. We just seem so well stocked at LW I don't get it and can't get excited.  To my (ignorant) eyes LW seems arguably our position with the most strength in depth, don't all of the following class to some degree as LW players:

ASM

Gordon

Joelinton

Anderson

Isak

So depth seems good to excellent and only aided by the fact that they do slightly different and good things. 

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Probably takes corners/free kicks. @foxghost that true? 

Maybe it's my dodgy memory but I'm struggling to remember him taking corners. Tended to be Albrighton or Madders. Quite rare too to see him given a free kick - players like Tielemans or Madders (or Fuchs back in the day) tended to pull rank. Got a fair shot on him if needed from range, so no reason he can't take the free kicks.

FWIW I don't buy a thing that shitrag prints but the fact something as significant as this hasn't been picked up and verified by other outlets screams pure noncery to me. 

EDIT: fml

Edited by Thumbheed

3 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Out of curiosity has Barnes ever played centrally? AM?

He has played through the middle before but predominantly on the left. 

Given the squad depth we need I hope this doesn't mean the end of ASM. I can also see Gordon impressing with England through the middle being a real boost and moving him into 3rd striker on our depth chart (I guess he was probably there anyway). Still need a RW though.