Harvey Barnes

khay

Another very good showing imo.

I really like what he brings to us (well, currently, at least). Gordon often feels a bit more playmaker-y to me on the left, he's thinking about moves and combos, creating angles to shoot. Barnes is more classic in that he drives to the space he sees first, whether inside or outside.

Just a shame him and Gordon are not as good on the right. Even so still we should be starting both for the Spurs game, Murphy offers fuck all at the moment.

I really like Barnes, always looks solid and makes things happen. I believe he has a great football IQ also.

Hope he finishes out the season fit.

His acceleration is better than I was expecting. Turns on the jets for the goal after the lovely backheel to him from Anderson. Did the same a good few times from standing starts on Tuesday. 

Whilst he’s not really skillful or technical with his play. Or even a particularly impressive dribbler. His passing and decision making is far better than I was expecting. Could and probably should have more goal involvements all ready. From what? The equivalent of 7-8 game’s worth of minutes? 

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

His acceleration is better than I was expecting. Turns on the jets for the goal after the lovely backheel to him from Anderson. Did the same a good few times from standing starts on Tuesday. 

Whilst he’s not really skillful or technical with his play. Or even a particularly impressive dribbler. His passing and decision making is far better than I was expecting. Could and probably should have more goal involvements all ready. From what? The equivalent of 7-8 game’s worth of minutes? 

Agree about the pace and he's better than I thought at this. He did a couple of players in a tight spot for Isak's big chance against Everton.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Agree about the pace and he's better than I thought at this. He did a couple of players in a tight spot for Isak's big chance against Everton.

Fair. I still don’t think he’s someone who is going to beat players regularly through trickery and close control. The same way in the current team, Bruno (albeit with no pace) and Isak can, for example. 

I just think he is mainly a head down, get to the line/cut in and have a shot kind of guy. His mind is made up and he’s going for it.

Which is fine. I don’t expect him to be twisting and turning HBA or ASM style. Nor would I want him to in this current setup. 

His numbers speak for themselves over the years. Excited to see what sort of goals and assists he could get in a full season for us now. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Aye can't disagree. From the little we've seen, the signing makes more and more sense with every appearance. He's a much better fit than Maxi. 

When you consider how close we are despite everything, I think there's a good argument that we'd have been nibbling at 4th again had we had just two or three more players available throughout. We'd have a fair few more points on the board with literally just him and Pope. 

He's looked better beating people than I expected tbh, was a lovely bit of quick feet to set up Isak against Everton, the one that was cleared off the line.

I absolutely love how direct he is, and it's so exciting how quickly he's picked up a rapport with Isak. If Gordon can be as effective on the right as he is on the left (not a given but he looked decent there 2nd half yesterday, still creating and maybe even a little less predictable) then I'd love to see those 3 as our starting attack for the rest of the season.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Would like to see him start left Gordon on the right. 

Think it’s our best option until the end of the season. Still need a top RW in the summer imo.

extremely clinical player. Just feels like if you can get him the ball within 12 yards of goal it’s more likely than not to result in him creating or scoring.

19 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Can't find it, but whoever made the post saying Barnes will know exactly what Isak needs after playing alongside Vardy for so long is bang on, hadn't even thought of that. 

The post about 10 up from yours?

21 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Would like to see him start left Gordon on the right. 

This would be nice but I don't think Howe will do it, probably weakens our options off the bench a bit too much. 

23 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Aye can't disagree. From the little we've seen, the signing makes more and more sense with every appearance. He's a much better fit than Maxi. 

When you consider how close we are despite everything, I think there's a good argument that we'd have been nibbling at 4th again had we had just two or three more players available throughout. We'd have a fair few more points on the board with literally just him and Pope. 

It did from the start really. Having wingers that aren't very productive, so signing one that has been one of the most productive in the league.