Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

Was like vIlla were playing with 10 men when Tielemans came on :lol:

What was that about Italians not adapting to the league well? Tonali was the best player on the pitch on his debut. 

Gordon absolutely brilliant too, his fitness levels and confidence are a world apart from what we saw last season. 

Barnes totally ruthless as you'd expect. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Sure Mings had a bad injury at Ipswich and another at Bournemouth. hopefully not another.

2015/16 whilst at Bournemouth he did his knee/ACL and was out for over a year. 

20 minutes ago, Respectfulhammer said:

Congratulations 

West Ham fan here

genuinely wishing you well for the season

Nice to see what I regard as probably the best supported team in England finally in with a shot of winning the title 

I honestly think Howe is a better manager than guardiola 

u put Howe in charge of Luton this year and they stay up

u put Guardiola in charge and they go down, blokes managed with a silver spoon don’t rate him at all

think my teams done for this year, hence why I rate you guys so highly for not letting up on Ashley, if only we’d do the same to Sullivan 

anyway 

all the best 

I was at your game today. Missing Rice massively, obviously.

You're the only London club I like so I hope the season goes well for you!

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Was like vIlla were playing with 10 men when Tielemans came on :lol:

What was that about Italians not adapting to the league well? Tonali was the best player on the pitch on his debut. 

Gordon absolutely brilliant too, his fitness levels and confidence are a world apart from what we saw last season. 

Barnes totally ruthless as you'd expect. 

He's been totally shit and fat for about 2 and a half seasons. I was baffled by the admiration for his signing.

14 minutes ago, midds said:

Seriously impressed with us today, we looked a complete unit all over the park AND had genuine quality to bring off the bench. We could have had 9 on another day, Wilson, Isak, Tonali and Joelinton could all have notched on top of what we scored. Looked a little fragile and exposed on a few occasions but got away with it a little. Barnes will have an amazing season and looks like he's been here forever, Tonali slotted into the CM like a pro and coasted through the game making it look easy. Isak, Wilson, Gordon and Joelinton were also outstanding. 

Excellent opening day, off the mark, 5 goals scored and full of confidence. Brilliant start to the season :)

Literally all of this. 

So fucking stoked for this season. What an amazing start. 

Well I didn't that one coming at half-time, but I should have known better. Our fitness really told in the last half hour.

Great debut from Tonali. Once the understanding with Bruno improves, we can get even better.

Personally, I'd have given MOTM to Gordon, who provided a real threat in the crucial opening half-hour.

Villa have some good players, to be honest, better than ours at times. However, they looked like an over-coached side. They lacked spirit and spontaneity. Emery looked jumpy and nervous before the game, and I wondered if he'd confused his team.

Great result against a good team who I expect to do well this season, there was an aspect of first game, new players, a few loose passes etc but when we are fully up to speed as per last season we are going to be great.

29 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Absolutely bursting with pride. 

let’s lay off @brummiequality poster who I don’t recall being anything other than classy when they did us last season. 

Yeah absolutely nothing like the scrotes on Twitter, that VillaWatch is an absolute cretin.

7 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

I was at your game today. Missing Rice massively, obviously.

You're the only London club I like so I hope the season goes well for you!

Cheers mate 

unfortunately I think we’re heading the same way as Sheffield Wednesday 

we’ve a chairman using every excuse in the book as to why he isn’t spending any money, when it’s as plain as day that he doesn’t want to

but unfortunately the majority of our fans lack the passion that u lot have and instead of making it hostile for him it’s far easier to make out you’re a conspiracy theorist if u don’t believe David Sullivan wants the best for West Ham 

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Personally, I'd have given MOTM to Gordon, who provided a real threat in the crucial opening half-hour.

Got kicked all over the place too. Laughable it took so long for the ref to start dishing cards out.