Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

15 minutes ago, jack j said:

Without sounding like a cunt

Everytime I see fergie speak thesedays he comes across very confused

Probably time for the TV companies to stop asking him to come on and speak

Yeah he just came over as a confused old man there. I’m not sure anyone could watch that game and believe we were played off the park. 

Interesting. We certainly weren't played off the park, but it was a much more even game than the scoreline would suggest, and Eddie has acknowledged that.

Having said that, I've seen similar games where it's been even for long stretches or we've been under the cosh, and then we've run away with it. It's no fluke. Eddie is always very sound and pro-active when it comes to tactics, and gets the players to a high level of fitness, but there's something else at work. He instils his players with belief and spirit, which doesn't falter through the ups and downs of a game. We grew as the game went on. Villa crumbled.

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Interesting. We certainly weren't played off the park, but it was a much more even game than the scoreline would suggest, and Eddie has acknowledged that.

Having said that, I've seen similar games where it's been even for long stretches or we've been under the cosh, and then we've run away with it. It's no fluke. Eddie is always very sound and pro-active when it comes to tactics, and gets the players to a high level of fitness, but there's something else at work. He instils his players with belief and spirit, which doesn't falter through the ups and downs of a game. We grew as the game went on. Villa crumbled.

If Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Man United were in an 'even game' that was end to end and won 5-1, everyone would be raving about how clinical they were and be discussing how their ruthlessness is the hallmark of a good team.

Edited by BlazeT44

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

How is Sandro not in there. Or more of our players. We won 5-1 against a side tipped to challenge the top 6

Assisting the assister counts as nothing for people who don't watch the games properly and just look at stats. 

4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

It wasn't an even game. It was even for about an hour during which we created more. The last half hour there was one team in it and they were lucky to lose by only 4 by the end of it.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Why would you ever link that shit? :D

1/11 Newcastle players after we clearly were the best team this week.

No Tonali O0

dont worry talksport's mccoist and townsend both had a couple of our players in each of their 5 a side teams of the week.

1 hour ago, NSG said:

Played us off the pitch :lol: 

He said the same thing when we battered them 5-0 in that famous win under Keegan. Must be something about being hit for 5 that triggers denial mode.

29 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

If Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal or Man United were in an 'even game' that was end to end and won 5-1, everyone would be raving about how clinical they were and be discussing how their ruthlessness is the hallmark of a good team.

Spot on. Same bullshit with the Spurs demolition last season. All about their poor performance, then raving about Man City when Arsenal didn’t turn up against them.
Just sit back and enjoy the squirm which is to come as we continue to improve. There will come a point when the narrative changes and they jump on the bandwagon. 

That's some take like [emoji38]

I like how the Mings injury gets used as the catalyst, despite us scoring 2 goals whist he was on the pitch, Tonali & Gordon cutting them to shreds for a 1-on-1 we missed, and Mings himself being injured after Isak turned him inside out.

They had a patch in the first half where they looked in the game attack wise, but other than that they were atrocious. They'll probably not be that bad again.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Don’t agree with Ferguson but I get the basis of the point he was making. I wouldn’t go as far as he did. Villa looked decent to me until they capitulated playing the high line in the second half. I wouldn’t be concerned if I was a Villa fan. 

The score line was fair though. Fergie is delusional, it could have been more. 

Edited by St1pe

29 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I do think it was a very even game until the last 20.  

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

After Mings got injured it was 1-way traffic and we could’ve scored 6 or 7. 

He went off in the first half though. So was it one way traffic after the injury, or an even game til the last 20? 🤷‍♂️