Lewis Hall

Paully

Just now, Displayname said:

Dont anyone thinks about releasing him.

You have given a player a contract for a period of time, you can’t just sell him a year later and rip up his contract(he might be going from £100,000 per week to £50,000) clubs have to come to an agreement with the player with regards to the time left on his contract(why do you think Harry Maguire wanted £7m to leave ManU and is now staying put) if it’s a player clubs really want the buying club will sometimes absorb part of a contract to smooth a deal. 
Targett still has 3 years on his contract @ £100,000 per week, We would have to come to some sort of arrangement to move him on. 

I'm surprised this has happened, but Chelsea are going about their team-building in a peculiarly reckless way. All very impatient and gung-ho which probably reflects the owner. He wouldn't be the first American to come to grief in this business. 

I mean, why have they bought a 19 year old and a 21 year old at huge expense, to cover the same position?

Just now, Cronky said:

I'm surprised this has happened, but Chelsea are going about their team-building in a peculiarly reckless way. All very impatient and gung-ho which probably reflects the owner. He wouldn't be the first American to come to grief in this business. 

I mean, why have they bought a 19 year old and a 21 year old at huge expense, to cover the same position?

I can’t believe the players are so happy to go there too. If you’re Caicedo surely you go to Liverpool, as much as I despise them.

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

I can’t believe the players are so happy to go there too. If you’re Caicedo surely you go to Liverpool, as much as I despise them.

Chelsea have probably been the more successful team in his lifetime though which has probably swung it for him

Just now, Danh1 said:

Eight year contracts which amount to around £100m over the duration. That's very hard to turn down.,

9 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Are you saying that if we sell him we need to pay him what he would earn over his full contract, up front? 

surely that’s not right

It isn’t right.

If a player was on more money and refused to leave for that reason then you would maybe have to look at compensating them for the difference between what they could earn with you compared to the new contract they were signing. However, if the player agrees to leave then the previous contract has been brought to an end by mutual consent with the player registration switching to their new club.

6 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Are you saying that if we sell him we need to pay him what he would earn over his full contract, up front? 

surely that’s not right

Club’s normal negotiate paying off some of the contract, when they sell players, they will have terms written into the contract ie “if we sell you after 12 months we will pay you so many months of your contract”.
Why do you think there are some many players that are happy to sit on the bench or reserve team and do nothing, as they know they won’t get the money there on elsewhere (Frazer/Harry Maguire) There only time clubs don’t have to pay up contracts is when the player puts in a transfer request(remember when Ashley forced Andy Carroll to put in a transfer request to move to Liverpool) 

As I said most of the time if the Buying club really wants the player, they will be one to pay part of the contract. 

Get the fuck in, this is the type of business I don’t mind doing with Chelsea, rinsing them for a player of serious quality without paying extortionate fees. Hope we absolutely barter them “at the bridge”

6 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

You have given a player a contract for a period of time, you can’t just sell him a year later and rip up his contract(he might be going from £100,000 per week to £50,000) clubs have to come to an agreement with the player with regards to the time left on his contract(why do you think Harry Maguire wanted £7m to leave ManU and is now staying put) if it’s a player clubs really want the buying club will sometimes absorb part of a contract to smooth a deal. 
Targett still has 3 years on his contract @ £100,000 per week, We would have to come to some sort of arrangement to move him on. 

What you are saying here is absolutely bollocks as far as I'm aware.

It's absolutely not the case that you have to pay the remaining wages of a player who has say 4 years left on his contract at 100k a week or even come to a compromise.

The player might rightly not want to move because he's not going to earn as much elsewhere.

On the other hand, most players have a loyalty bonus written into their contract, whereby if they haven't asked to leave or pushed for a move in any way, they are owed a specific amount of money.

Apologies if I have completely misread your post.

Aye, clubs definitely don't pay the player their full contract in most normal player trading. :lol: 

In cases where a player is being shifted i.e. Fraser, there probably will be some sort of agreement reached with the player to encourage him to move along due to the fact he'll likely need to take a pay cut.

Edited by Anderson

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be surprised if we sold Targett, wouldn’t that just put us back in to the same position regarding squad depth ?

Yeah that's a fair argument, but I think it's more a case of Howe maybe not being as big a fan of Targett as he let's on.

There were loads of rumours last summer about us looking elsewhere before we signed him and he's hardly played since. I know Burn forced him out but Howe could have put him back in.

Again, I think FFP talks in this scenario. If someone gives us our money back for Targett, we cash in.

Lewis Hall is our long term left back and Burn the current one. Targett isn't going to be happy either.

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

This lad and Livramento are absurdly talented footballers while also being great defensively

Errr no, may not be. Both are not that sound in defending. Attacking yes.