Lewis Hall

Paully

This guy can play. The midfield balance just wasn't good enough in the first half to get him on the ball more.

Was really playing more of a makeshift role tonight too, as a left winger. More of a left back or LCM.

That interchange with Isak to then play him in, in the first half, showed a lot of quality. Looking forward to see him against easier competition.

You can definitely see the potential imo. I feel like every time I saw him get the ball he was instantly under pressure, needing to fight out of tough spots and didn't drop a clanger from it which is a good start.

Looking forward to seeing more at LB.

41 minutes ago, Andy said:

Looks like he's got talent but is very raw and looked nervy, which is understandable given it was his home debut. Probably some way to go until he's starting games in the PL. 

Definitely not used to receiving the ball with his back to goal as happened loads which is totally understandable. Improved a bit when he and Targett swapped which is understandable.

Tough one for him but all a learning experience as it was with Miley. 

Like all players do, he just looked short of sharpness and fitness. Needs games. (hopefully some reserve/behind closed doors maybe.)

Didn't help that City had the ball all first half. Eddie will ease him in gently and I'm sure he'll get some minutes here and there to show what he can do. 

26 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

My only concern is where does he get minutes this season? ATM he’s 3rd choice left back.  7th choice CM. 

I would think, given the money paid he’ll be viewed as 2nd choice. We can already see he’s quicker and better with the ball than Burn but Burn does continually make strong defensive contributions.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

If Burn was injured for PSG. Would Howe play Targett or Hall at LB?

I think he plays Targett.

I agree, I think he would. And I honestly think Howe would know what he’s doing. When we were clamouring for Targett last season, when we finally saw we realised why he hadn’t been playing. He wasn’t up to it. 
I genuinely believe Eddie chooses the players who are best able out of what’s available to him.

Hall has better athleticism and better all round ability than Targett so he will need to align his attitude and application with the rest of the group. Once he’s there we’ll have a very good LB.