Brighton & Hove Albion 3-1 Newcastle United (02/09/23)

Yorkie

Joelinton way off it again. If he's carrying a knock then someone else should be playing. 

Crying out for someone to pick up João Pedro in the hole. Burn and Schar are too slow to step out and our midfield is nowhere to be seen. 

2nd half. Bruno and Tonali to sit in and Isak to play as a 10 behind Wilson. Joelinton off.

He’s my favourite player but Joelinton needs subbing for Anderson. I’d probably take Gordon off for Barnes as I don’t trust him not to put a foot in while he’s on a yellow. Miggy has been barely in the game too so I don’t know what to do there, potentially switch Gordon over for fifteen with Barnes on and then if it’s not working, put Murphy on for Gordon 

Something very unbalanced in our play. Tonali making some things happen, but Bruno wasted not being used for his forward passes. Gordon directness and pace has been decent, but eveyone else seems half asleep. Need to see so much more.

A couple of things I have seen this season is that we often uses to many touches on the ball(which slow down the tempo). When we miss pass or miss a tackle we dont work to get it back, but the player just stands ball watching and hoping someone else picking it up.. 

This has felt like the polar opposite of an Eddie Howe Newcastle team, we've had no intensity in our play at all, our passing is all over the place, haven't had any runners when we do get into the final third, and no-one arriving into the box from midfield. Its just been very very flat.

Just now, Stifler said:

We have been poor, but the commentators love to over exaggerate it.  It’s not like Brighton have been like Prime Barca, we have sat off them and let the come on to us and gave them the ball time and time again.

We gifted them a goal - but they've been miles better than us.  Really really disappointing first half.  We should be doing better against Brighton.