Brighton & Hove Albion 3-1 Newcastle United (02/09/23)

Yorkie

We needed a creative/defensive midfielder and a right winger. We have signed two full backs who will get limited minutes and a left winger who looks like he is 3rd choice after Isac now. No reaction after half time if anything they have got worse, totally outplayed by a Brighton team who have lost probably their two best players. Questions should be asked of Howe (it was the same for Benitez when people refused to do it), the intensity from the Villa game has been non existent the last three. 

I've switched to watching Heed. 

Our players have been terrible. Can't string simple passes together, can't pass a simple ball without getting it blocked.

Worse is, shot shy. Ferguson had two attempts from outside the area that has found the net while our players fuck around with the ball and never shoot.

Edited by nufcjb

3 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

I need to go and download my Pantera playlist for my dog walk after this. 

Don't you mean, WALK.

Edit: 5 minutes alone might be a good thing after watching this shit :lol:

Edited by BlazeT44

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Completely agree - he says he picks on form but nothing backs it up

It's like last season during our bad run when Wilson was starting every game doing nothing while Isak was waiting on the bench. Must have been frustrating for Isak.

Just now, Andy said:

Has Trippier crossed the half way line today? His marauding runs have been noticeably absent so far this season. 

He’s getting on, even last season he was being criticised on the forum for not tracking back and players running past him (plus shit set pieces). Probably why Livramento was brought in now.

A midfield three that can rotate and know what to do is a wonderful idea that Howe wants.

It's absolutely shite and doesn't work when none of them actually know what they are doing while rotating the midfield.

Taking the piss out of us now, played us off the park. Fair play, they’re a very impressive side and deserve all the success they can get with the model they have. We need to look at the midfield and figure out why it’s not working. I’m worried about Bruno, Tonali and Joelinton in this formation. Overall though, everyone looks below their best and that’s extremely concerning. Why are we so flat at this point in the season?