Newcastle United vs. Brentford: 16/09/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You consider Hall elite ?

Well, someone who is very capable in the position and is likely less dodgy than the other options we have. 

He might not be elite yet personally but the unit looks much less vulnerable. 

Perhaps the wrong term, I don't want to get hung up on who or who isn't elite. It gives us a "much better" back four IMO. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I can't see Hall starting in the league for a while yet. He's not up to speed and it might take a while for him and Trippier to know when to sit back in a 3 and let the other FB get forward, and when to get forward and know the other will sit back in the 3. 

I’m really excited to see Hall and Livramento in all honesty. I expect we’ll see Livramento a fair bit later due to Trippier still playing to a high standard. Saying that, if he has games like Brighton continuously I wonder whether Howe could drop him for Tino. I think Howe’s players that he’s least likely to drop are Pope, Bruno and Trippier personally 

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't see Hall starting in the league for a while yet. He's not up to speed and it might take a while for him and Trippier to know when to sit back in a 3 and let the other FB get forward, and when to get forward and know the other will sit back in the 3. 

I agreed until Saturday when an 18 year-old scored 3 goals against us. 

Botman being back is the main thing but I would like to see Hall ASAP. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I agreed until Saturday when an 18 year-old scored 3 goals against us. 

Botman being back is the main thing but I would like to see Hall ASAP. 

Hall's age isn't why I'm reluctant at all, Ferguson is up to speed with how Brighton play, Hall probably isn't yet.

I’d love to see Hall as much as the next fan, but I doubt he’s ready to start a game yet after Eddie saying he’s not really had a pre-season for Chelsea.. let alone us. I’d try Trips on the left and bring Tino in on the right. 

Really want to see how Isak would play just off Wilson, but can’t see Howe putting both into his system.

Got full faith in Howe to turn things around, but we do need to tinker a little bit. Villa we were great, City and Liverpool unlucky, Brighton just piss poor apart from the first few mins. So frustrating to watch us pass it around the opposition box for it to end in nothing.

Think we’ll be back to Winning ways with this, Brentford have been a bit hit and miss from what little I’ve seen of them this season although unbeaten.

3-1 - Isak, Wilson (2), Janlet for them.

They are a big side, if Botman is fit I’ve no doubt it’ll be Burn at LB. Pretty sure Longstaff will play too, especially with most of the other midfielders going away. I think Wilson will start as we start to rotate the squad for two games a week

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I would persevere with Isak up front if that’s where his future is. Can’t change that based on the team playing badly and not having enough proper attacks. 

I'd play Wilson purely on the basis he finished well on Saturday and Isak didn't. From what I remember Isak did a number on Brentford coming of the bench last season which had their manager making that weird comment about us bringing on a £63m striker like it was against the law or something.

25 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

I’d love to see Hall as much as the next fan, but I doubt he’s ready to start a game yet after Eddie saying he’s not really had a pre-season for Chelsea.. let alone us. I’d try Trips on the left and bring Tino in on the right. 

He went with Chelsea to their pre-season in the US. (Not counting OT) He played 28 minutes against Wrexham, 10 minutes against Brighton, 0 against us, 29 minutes against Fulham and 9 minutes against Dortmund.

He seemingly hasn't had any injury problems either. Considering he's been part of their whole pre-season and featured in all games except the one against us, I struggle to understand what Howe means when he says he's not really had a pre-season for Chelsea.

Good side, Brentford. Shape-wise, this is more of a straight up fight than Brighton. I don't think we'll change formation yet but I do think there'll be some personnel tweaks.

For all the midfield is getting rightful shit, the forward line has almost been as abject other than Gordon. Reckon Miggy hits the bench and either Murphy or Gordon take the right. We either play Isak left off Wilson or Barnes left & Isak central.

Depending on Jo's fitness, I think he gives the same midfield another chance.

Same defence as usual but, personally, I'd like to see a change from Burn at LB. Allows us to spring some tactical surprised + they have pacey, agile forwards.

6 hours ago, Lish007 said:

I'm no Eddie Howe and fuck knows of this works but I really wanna see;

Wilson

Barnes - Isak - Gordon

Bruno - Tonali

Hall - Botman - Schar - Trippier

We'll get stuffed if we don't play a keeper.