AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

Just now, Displayname said:

Sorry but using these local guys just for the sake of it isnt working out. Nowhere near the level they have to be.

:lol:

Think I'll give the thread a miss until we're battering AC Milan at the San Siro.

Feels like a fairly typical performance where we try to go toe to toe with a really good team, realise they can just cut through us so we retreat and do a half-press type thing. Will be absolutely incredible if we don't concede.

Just now, Conjo said:

How fucking cool is it to see AC Milan - Newcastle in the Champions League :lol: We're not playing great, but against tough opposition. Can't stop smiling.

I was born in ‘82 - to my adolescent mind, Milan are still Europe’s greatest club.  This is Roy of the Rovers stuff to me. 

Expected this,  but still in it...

Isak needs to get more involved - as he did the last 8-10mins

Tonali needs to play with more urgency and get back in shape defensively quicker - too often wandering back as they break.

Burn - time to drop out.

The rest - doing ok...other than some scary moments of pressure...

Will take that as a first half back in the Champions League, we've not looked like the stage is beyond us, they've had the more of the chances, but we've controlled possession well, and got into some decent positions, even if we haven't created much at this point. Plenty to be encouraged about, and we have options on the bench too.

Miracle to get to the half at 0-0.

Need a rethink in midfield. Honestly I'd try Miley in for Longstaff. Need something to help Bruno get forward. Longstaff is wasting possession. 

Might consider moving Trippier left and bringing in Tino for Burn. Burn looks very very vulnerable.

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Sorry but using these local guys just for the sake of it isnt working out. Nowhere near the level they have to be.

Those same local lads who got us to this point because they've been and still are an integral part of the team?