AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

How good was Tomori last night, by the way?  Based on that, he should be an England regular.  He looked rapid, was aggressive with following Isak, who I thought did well in the circumstances and  he covered the left channel well when Hernandez had fucked off up the pitch.  

How much would he cost.........

Edited by Lush Vlad

Rewatched the game last night, I actually thought we played OK. Sure, Milan probably should have won it, but we played some decent stuff in midfield. We looked toothless in the final third mind, but there was a fair amount of decent build up. We failed to create when chances did come about, 

Milan looked very solid in defence and were the better side in attack as well, but it wasn't as bad a performance as I first thought. 

35 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

It seems like a trap ... now we are very scared, maybe we won't come in Newcastle.

You’ll be safe as houses just bring some comfy footwear, apparently where going to take your fan March on a 3 hour tour of the city to return the hospitality.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Worried about relegation, worried about the transfer window, worried about variations in form, worried about Bruno leaving, worried about signing Gordon, worried about the transfer window being a missed opportunity, worried about creativity, worried about the defence, worried about qualifying for the Champions League, worried about another transfer window, worried about the midfield, worried about Bruno staying, worried about playing in the Champions League.

It's like a parody at this point. Too many folk spend so much time worrying, they're missing an amazing time to support the club. The path to success isn't linear, it's best to enjoy it and roll with the punches

Nothing wrong with analysing performances, where we went wrong, where we can improve and the like, but Christ it's done in such a dramatic "the sky is falling in" fashion we've even had other clubs fans commenting on it. We've just come away from the San Siro with a point, after our first Champions League game for 20 years having been no where near our best, yet I feel like we've just walked into a funeral. 

The "b" word needs breaking out again.

:clap:

We have really good people in place at the club that actually want to take it to the top. Enjoy the process.

Like you correctly stated that doesn't mean no analysis or discussion of poor performances like so many will claim. It's just so over the top all the time with no kind of reason.

My goodness.

Worried about relegation, worried about the transfer window, worried about variations in form, worried about Bruno leaving, worried about signing Gordon, worried about the transfer window being a missed opportunity, worried about creativity, worried about the defence, worried about qualifying for the Champions League, worried about another transfer window, worried about the midfield, worried about Bruno staying, worried about playing in the Champions League.

It's like a parody at this point. Too many folk spend so much time worrying, they're missing an amazing time to support the club. The path to success isn't linear, it's best to enjoy it and roll with the punches

Nothing wrong with analysing performances, where we went wrong, where we can improve and the like, but Christ it's done in such a dramatic "the sky is falling in" fashion we've even had other clubs fans commenting on it. We've just come away from the San Siro with a point, after our first Champions League game for 20 years having been no where near our best, yet I feel like we've just walked into a funeral. 

Nominating that for “Post of the year” 👏

Perfectly put.

I wouldn't want to police posts, or try to, and I don't really think they could be anyway, but in terms of just commenting on it, I definitely agree with there being a spoilt, cynical attitude on here and online in general that might not necessarily represent the fanbase but that nonetheless absolutely stinks like, particularly in the match threads. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

How good was Tomori last night, by the way?  Based on that, he should be an England regular.  He looked rapid, was aggressive with following Isak, who I thought did well in the circumstances and  he covered the left channel well when Hernandez had fucked off up the pitch.  

How much would he cost.........

Since the takeover I dont think I have seen a better defensive display by anyone we have met

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Nailed it.

3 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Bellend?

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Been chatting to NUFC fans in Milan all morning. Thankfully their attitude towards the game and performance are far more positive and aligned with mine than some of the drivel / reactionary bullshit I’ve read on here (and from Craig Hope) this morning.

Apart from they cant play together dont think Hope came up with much drivel, fairly spot on I would say. What are the positives from that performance you would say?