Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

7 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

look at the Botman goal on this clip there about 5 or 6 bottles hoyed at the players not just the one that hit Anderson 

Gordon goal too you can see stuff getting thrown 

There's one chucked when Wilson scored too. Looked like it's a full bottle cos it goes some distance/speed.

20 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Fuck me. Imagine releasing an extended highlights reel after your team has been arse raped 8-0...

Can hear *Ando telling *Schar to shoot just before Wilson’s goal on this. Sounds like he was sat close to the Sheffield U commentary team. Must have been hell for them lot listening to Ando’s sick cackle!

Edited by greydos
*typos

21 hours ago, 54 said:

Interesting because most of our games are fairly tight. We get the edge with our fitness and preparation. But if the opposition isn’t properly prepared, like Villa and Sheffield this season, then they can get steamrollered. Our focus and organisation is relentless. 

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

Interesting because most of our games are fairly tight. We get the edge with our fitness and preparation. But if the opposition isn’t properly prepared, like Villa and Sheffield this season, then they can get steamrollered. Our focus and organisation is relentless. 

We aren't great at breaking down a low block.

But if we get into a lead or face opposition that wants to go blow for blow... we can blow teams out of the water. And we're relentless. We don't close up shop after being a couple of goals up

10 hours ago, greydos said:

Can hear Sandi telling Achar to shoot just before Wilson’s goal on this. Sounds like he was sat close to the Sheffield U commentary team. Must have been hell for them lot listening to Ando’s sick cackle!

Appreciated the long highlights. Three good saves, couple of mishit chances, a disallowed goal, and a clear penalty not given. Really could have been double figures. All the more remarkable given how well they have shut out other top teams and the fact they started quite well! 

Plane landed right on kick-off time and watched some of the first half live on my phone. Finally watched the whole match now and it was alright, got the performance I wanted to see after Milan even though the opponent wasn’t a PL level team.

This thread post-match was a bit weird, wasn’t a good start but we definitely shouldn’t have been down 2-0, they only had a couple of half chances. :lol:

Edited by Pata

18 hours ago, Charlies said:

Pfft Ceefax weirdos, it was all about Teletext. 

Depends how specific you want to be. Ceefax was BBC Oracle was ITV and Ch4 and Teletext was the overall service.

Yes… I did work in Teletext ?

I Know Football GIF by Liverpool FC 

Just now, Pata said:

Plane landed right on kick-off time and watched some of the first half on my phone. Finally watched the whole match now and it was alright, got the performance I wanted to see after Milan even though the opponent wasn’t a PL level team.

This thread post-match was a bit weird, wasn’t a good start but we definitely shouldn’t have been down 2-0, they only had a couple of half chances. :lol:

It was the inverse Spurs match. I'm not sure what people were expecting? They had a very moving memorial before kickoff for a beloved member of the club, of course they're going to come out guns blazing. They did well to earn their, at best, half chances and put pressure on us until we unleashed Gordon on them. 

2 hours ago, aa5773 said:

TIL that Andy Cole and Moussa Sissoko played for Newcastle in the past...

Could have had two people with 3 assists on Sunday if Wilson tucks away the two chances Gordon put on a plate for him.

2 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

I just watched the extended highlights. It didn't show Miggy's disallowed goal, the clear (non) penalty or the pretty clear cut chances Wilson missed. Amazing to say you beat a team 8 nil and they were arguably lucky it wasn't worse!

watch motd2