Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 27/09/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup 3rd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

8 hours ago, TBG said:

Gillespie

Lascelles Dummett  Burn 

Tonali

Tino                                          Hall

Almiron

Murphy Gordon Anderson

My sources did have Dummett starting tonight. Rest of the ones they got wrong must've been late changes.

I don't think Howe is too worried about going out of the Carabao Cup when we have Champions League and our squad is a little thin. If Dummet is not going to feature in the 3rd round of the cup, when is he ever going to get a game? And who should've played instead? Burn, Schär and Botman has been playing every single game, and will start even more games before the international break. We might have made some promises aswell when he signed a new contract, would be odd to sign a new contract with him if the manager is never going to use you again.

Edited by Erikse

Just now, Erikse said:

I don't think Howe is too worried about going out of the Carabao Cup when we have Champions League and our squad is a little thin. If Dummet is not going to feature in the 3rd round of the cup, when is he ever going to get a game? And who should've played instead? Burn, Schär and Botman has been playing every single game, and will start even more games before the international break. We might have made some promises aswell when he signed a new contract, would be odd to sign a new contract if the manager is never going to use you again.

Agree, they had to be rested.  We still have a 63 million quid striker a 55 million quid midfielder, Joelinton who cost 40 million and the full backs who cost about 30-40 million each