Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 27/09/23 @ 20:00 - League Cup 3rd Round (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

9 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Dummett... :lol:

Surprised dubravka or karius isn't starting mind. Trying to build popes confidence? 

Against Man City with dummett, lascelles and target covering you - I feel that’s not gonna work somehow

12 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Kind of surprised there’s no place for Alex Murphy anywhere. He looked good in pre season the same as Miley.

Thought the same to be honest - perfect opportunity to see his stones, is he at least on the bench?

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

FFS, I really want us to win this trophy as well. Should have won it last season. Be gutted it we go out tonight.

Even if we did take the lead. Have you seen their bench man? This is always only going one way

Edited by Gawalls

I’m all for playing a weakened team in the cup but it also has to take in to account the opposition, if we could beat Man City here then we have a decent shot of winning the whole thing.

I don’t see the logic in playing a near full strength defence against Sheffield United and likely Burnley yet put out Targett, Lascelles and Dummett against Man City.

Hopefully we win but I’m less confident after seeing that line up.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I’m all for playing a weakened team in the cup but it also has to take in to account the opposition, if we could beat Man City here then we have a decent shot of winning the whole thing.

I don’t see the logic in playing a near full strength defence against Sheffield United and likely Burnley yet put out Targett, Lascelles and Dummett against Man City.

Hopefully we win but I’m less confident after seeing that line up.

I totally see the logic in it.