Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester City (27/09/23)

Disco

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

These commentators are annoying me, they keep going on like Man City have had chance after chance, while they're clearly controlling the game, they've not done a whole lot with it, as other than that Alvarez chance they've just had possession and not a lot more.

Exactly my thoughts. Don Goodman said they'd dominated every single metric. No, they've just completely dominated possession and not done much with it at all. They bore me to tears tbh, was the same at the Etihad. 

Disappointing as it is to see the second string out, and I was hoping for a few more of the big players, no idea how anyone gets angry that our second string isnt close to man city's, we're not close to that level yet. On Tonali, it's very clear it takes a while for players to get up to speed to play Howe's brand of football, it keeps happening and yet people are still shocked when signing slowly gets up to speed. 

3 minutes ago, pubteam said:

I find city incredibly dull to watch and they always roll out the tiki taka football for us to bore us into submission.

Suck the life out of every single game they play. Haven't watched them play outside of games against us in years. Undoubtedly best team in the world by a distance but not for me unless I'm obliged.

Edited by ponsaelius

I know Man City are the best team in Europe but we gave them a game last season. This approach is wank and completely inexcusable. It’s the kind of shit you’d expect from a newly promoted team.

We’re at home FFS! People have paid to go and watch this tosh

Man City foul you the moment you win possession back deep in your half. It's cynical as hell. They should be getting yellows every time for it. They are already boring as fuck being brilliant at holding on to the ball for what feels like ten mins at a time passing it around. As soon as they lose it and it could lead to a counter they always foul. Do it quickly so it looks too deep to be considered cynical, but they do it all the time its clearly a strategy to disrupt opposition rythem and counter opportunity.