LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I disagree tbh, I love everything that’s happening to that club 

It's more the fact that we've got shitty foreign owners moving in to an established club and are neglecting the majority of the stuff that's generally always well maintained for what seems like forever. I hate to see it whoever it is tbh, but it feels different when it's foreign owners for whatever reason.

Conflicting emotions really. I love to see any of the ESL/so-called 'elite' teams get their comeuppance, but I also can't abide football clubs being unduly harmed by neglectful, disassociated business-people. I don't really get any satisfaction out of seeing Old Trafford apparently crumbling. 

14 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I wouldn't mind moving Burn back to CB if Sven is going to be out for a significant period of time.

It would strengthen us at CB and we could try with Targett and Hall at LB.

Wont happen mind.

Based on what exactly? Lascelles has come in and not done much wrong, unlike Burns last game there

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Man U supporter texted me saying he cant see anything but a comfortable Newcastle win tonight. We then spent the next 30 minutes convincing each other our side is going to struggle tonight :lol:

[emoji38]

I had a similar conversation with a Man Utd mate

This is nothing that hasn't already been said, but I would have a lot more sympathy for their fans if it wasn't for ex players of theirs happily coming out and defending Ashley.

Granted there's not many ex players of ours doing punditry on their games, but when they did/do, I can't recall any of them coming out and defending the Glazers in the same way Rio Ferdinand was happy to point out it was Ashley's club, he can do whatever he wants with it. 

Seemingly that logic doesn't apply to the Glazers though. It's not their club. 

9 minutes ago, TBG said:

This is nothing that hasn't already been said, but I would have a lot more sympathy for their fans if it wasn't for ex players of theirs happily coming out and defending Ashley.

Granted there's not many ex players of ours doing punditry on their games, but when they did/do, I can't recall any of them coming out and defending the Glazers in the same way Rio Ferdinand was happy to point out it was Ashley's club, he can do whatever he wants with it. 

Seemingly that logic doesn't apply to the Glazers though. It's not their club. 

You're just talking about Rio Ferdinand though, who by all accounts is an absolute numpty and completely stealing a living as a pundit. Gary Neville on the other hand spoke highly of the change in the atmosphere at SJP and how the fans have been reinvigorated after 14 years of absolute 'nothingness'. He understands what has happened.

Unless I've missed a few other players defending Ashley. I can't remember Keane commenting on it, he only ever seems to speak about his own club.

Man Utd fans either took the piss during the Ashley years or outright couldn’t give a fuck. Any attempt to engage with them sensibly would have been met with their cuntily arrogance insistence that (as the arbitrators of all football status) they had decided we were a tiny club anyway and therefore of no importance. So fuck them. Hope they rot. 

Edited by Hovagod

24 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You're just talking about Rio Ferdinand though, who by all accounts is an absolute numpty and completely stealing a living as a pundit. Gary Neville on the other hand spoke highly of the change in the atmosphere at SJP and how the fans have been reinvigorated after 14 years of absolute 'nothingness'. He understands what has happened.

Unless I've missed a few other players defending Ashley. I can't remember Keane commenting on it, he only ever seems to speak about his own club.

Neville did you’re right there, shame he didn’t call out ashley during his years in charge though.

2 minutes ago, buzza said:

This is the typical game that everyone expects us to win 'cos Manure are going through a rough patch.

We all know what happens when we get into this frame of mind...:'(

Can't say that's the vibe I've been getting with our injuries and suspensions.

Edited by The Prophet

New level of schadenfreude unlocked:

1. They told us to shut up and sit down when Ashley was ripping us to pieces.

2. They are arrogant and mostly unknowledgeable supporters.

3. They ruined the Keegan party and football for most other supporters for years.

4. They're part of the rotten 6 that tried to stop us rising up.

I hope we add insult to their misery tonight, I would love it, love it if we beat them on their own turf...