Newcastle United vs. Paris Saint-Germain - 4/10/23 @ 8:00pm (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, The Prophet said:

If Tonali is injured, that'll be it.

I'll be surprised if Anderson plays, think its a huge night for him if he does.

Tonali not training could be a precaution, expect him to be in the squad tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I wish we had Tino in that team too but that only works by moving Trippier to LB and that would be madness so I think the team above is how we’ll line up 

Yeah, Trippier is our main source of ball progression. It's so pivotal that he plays on the right so we don't lose that. I reckon Tino could play left back at some stage though. 

Personally I love seeing Dan Burn play for us though :lol:. Especially in the CL.

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: Brain can't process the validity of the thread title.

Aye, this time two year ago we were facing relegation for the third time under the previous ownership.

Yet some folk will still be close to an aneurysm if we get beat. 

I mean on paper, they should rip us to shreds. With Botman, Joelinton, Willock, Wilson and to a lesson extent Barnes all missing and Isak carrying a knock/off form. But this team and the manager have surprised me so many times over the last 2 years. 
What will be will be. But hopefully no overreaction if we do get beat from the fans. Just hope at some stage we do get to play our full strength side in the champions league and when everyone is on form. Will be nice to see how we perform at our strongest. 

9 minutes ago, alexf said:

I mean on paper, they should rip us to shreds. With Botman, Joelinton, Willock, Wilson and to a lesson extent Barnes all missing and Isak carrying a knock/off form. But this team and the manager have surprised me so many times over the last 2 years. 
What will be will be. But hopefully no overreaction if we do get beat from the fans. Just hope at some stage we do get to play our full strength side in the champions league and when everyone is on form. Will be nice to see how we perform at our strongest. 

This team is often at its best when playing as the underdog. There’s been the odd occasion like the league cup final where they didn’t give a full account of themselves, but more often than not they show up with intensity and play their hearts out.

Tonight will be no different. :indi:

I have a horrible feeling nothing is going to go our way tonight, hope I’m wrong. Maybe it’s the thought of  playing PSG or the fact we have a couple of really important players out for this one, I dunno. Realistically what should we expect from this fixture?

Just now, black_n_white said:

I have a horrible feeling nothing is going to go our way tonight, hope I’m wrong. Maybe it’s the thought of  playing PSG or the fact we have a couple of really important players out for this one, I dunno. Realistically what should we expect from this fixture?

Hopefully everything will go our way tomorrow instead.

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Team pretty much picks itself now, right?

Pope

Trippier Lascelles Schar Burn

Longstaff Bruno Anderson

Almiron Isak Gordon

Big night for Elliot Anderson.

Can see him scoring if he starts