Newcastle United vs. Paris Saint-Germain - 4/10/23 @ 8:00pm (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

When do you see fans of Prem teams sheepherded up to the ground like that though? Doesn't happen and if it did we'd see the same scenes there from the usual dickheads in town.

Like has been said half of them won't even be going to the match, just being radge for the sake of it, there's no need

22 minutes ago, jack j said:

I know you're taking the piss

But the welcome we will get over there in a few weeks won't be as friendly as they have got here like.

Things have obviously took a downturn across the channel then. I can remember a journalist writing an article when we hosted the Euros extolling the virtues of the French fans who basically struck up a band in the stadium and played a jolly ditty. He was wondering why travelling English fans couldn't be so sophisticated.

They are obviously as brain dead as us now.

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Find it embarrassing. Our city should be welcoming these teams and fans.

If it's our lot instigating then it's shameful. Will probably just be lads who aren't even going to the match and just there to get some fulfilment on their lives

PSG fans are like that most places home and abroad but we've got wankers for sure.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Things have obviously took a downturn across the channel then. I can remember a journalist writing an article when we hosted the Euros extolling the virtues of the French fans who basically struck up a band in the stadium and played a jolly ditty. He was wondering why travelling English fans couldn't be so sophisticated.

They are obviously as brain dead as us now.

Its been for worse for hooligans for years in France. Still full on proper hooligans like Holland not just the odd dickhead like here.

and PSG have been particularly volatile as long as I can remember even though they were getting piffling gates - that whole boulogne boys thing.

1 minute ago, pedro111 said:

I'm sick to my stomach already. Feels worse than the cup final this.

I'm the opposite. This is genuine excitement as opposed to being worried sick! That we're in this position at all is absolutely mental. 

Most of the march from what I have seen on social media seems to be in good spirits. A few Muppets throwing smoke bombs about. The atmosphere looks amazing.

Do think the whole ultra bullshit should be assigned to the scrap heap by now.