Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

i cried after miggy got the first.

just the best night before during and after the game.

find it hard watching it because of what came after - fucking robbed!

just glad i got to be there with my kids for this.

fuck knows if it happens again.

found it really hard to watch the villa bayern game the other night - no issues watching citeh in the champo league.

but with villa it was jealousy and a case of "that should be us".

What a special night that was. I've never seen St James' like it was that night. Everyone was in their seats about 25 minutes before the game. Concourses were bouncing, town was electric. It really was my favourite memory out of hundreds and hundreds of Newcastle games. It really made me emotional that prominent figures in my life who were part of my NUFC journey like my brother and my Grandad were no longer with me to experience it.

I will die a very happy man if my kids get to experience something similar. It really was something that will last a lifetime. 

It's really worth remembering that night when people are really (and not unjustly) critical of Longstaff in particular. I am frustrated at him giving the ball away cheaply way too much but people seem to think that's his level, it's not, he's not consistent enough tbh to play at the real top level but he can be better than he has been and deserves better than being totally binned off which some have suggested...

Just now, Tiresias said:

It's really worth remembering that night when people are really (and not unjustly) critical of Longstaff in particular. I am frustrated at him giving the ball away cheaply way too much but people seem to think that's his level, it's not, he's not consistent enough tbh to play at the real top level but he can be better than he has been and deserves better than being totally binned off which some have suggested...

always has been very obviously a much better player when confident, but he gets nowt but dogs abuse from the fans. It's really frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Hmm, I think he could be kept as a squad player but that’s it. 

Even his goal in this game is straight at the keeper and should have been saved.

I think his level is upper championship or relegation battle starter, sub for anyone else.  

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

It'll be an incredibly rare night in our history; potentially completely unique, in fact, because of the context. 

Hopefully there's plenty more epic wins to come but that night was a crescendo of everything that had come before it. We'd killed the bad guy and that was the night we got the girl. 

57 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hmm, I think he could be kept as a squad player but that’s it. 

Even his goal in this game is straight at the keeper and should have been saved.

I think his level is upper championship or relegation battle starter, sub for anyone else.  

He shouldn't be a starter by any means not saying that but he could be handy squad member and could start for a midtable team fine imo

Just been talking about this at work. The bullet header from BDB, I know it crossed the line, but would have loved to see it smash the net.

Going back to this game, I was travelling back from Ibiza that night, and the flight was due to take off just before kick off, so hoped I'd miss any result till I got home (Likely lads). But, flight delayed, and by the time we took off, Miggy had scored the first. People on the plane still had the match on their phones till we got high enough to lose signal.

Anyway, landed in Newcastle, came through arrivals and the check in hall was full of PSG supporters, all eating Greggs stotties, sausage rolls and pasties. It was a surreal thing, sitting waiting for my taxi hyem amongst them all.

Edited by TK-421

I feel so privileged to have been there for this. Just a massive beautiful celebration of what it is to be from Newcastle and to support this club. Absolutely the best night I’ve had supporting NUFC.

That shot of Mbappe at the end after the final whistle walking off the pitch is probably going to stick with me for the rest of my life, the physical embodiment of thinking 'woah'.

Edit: Found it (timestamped)

Edited by HawK