Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

How many future transfer targets where watching as well 

Definitely does no harm for our status that's for sure. This result and everything surrounding it may well get some attention but actually getting out the group will probably be what would change some minds about us and how capable we are now.

Just now, Dokko said:

Just in time for the new FM. Going to have to boost up some of our players, especially Longstaff. Needs to be st least 145 CA. 😂

The only guarantee is Man United players being vastly overrated still :lol:

Also, Ugarte looked an absolute villager as well. Truly awful with the ball.

edit: clogger auto corrected to villager but I’m gonna leave it :lol:

Edited by Smal

40 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't think his potential is being wasted. We saw his performance at the WC he can turn it on.

Quietly - the last 4 years are as long as Ronaldinho's peak. He just doesn't have a CL to show for it and nobody rates Ligue 1.

At this point he's pretty much just an international footballer. The PSG thing is a complete farce.

As good as he is when he turns it on for France, I can't help but wonder if he'd be even better if he was in a healthier club environment, where he was actually being pushed and challenged to be more.

37 minutes ago, Charlies said:

I agree Stiffy, but every team has significant history to their fans. It’d be like saying we didn’t have a history so to speak. To others, that’s true. But we know it’s wrong. 

Aye fair enough, but my point was compare them against the teams I listed.

Now they have a football club that’s nothing more than a Nike catalog that has failed to achieve anything more than the bare minimum.

50 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don't think his potential is being wasted. We saw his performance at the WC he can turn it on.

Quietly - the last 4 years are as long as Ronaldinho's peak. He just doesn't have a CL to show for it and nobody rates Ligue 1.

Messi and Ronaldo were incredible players but also fantastic athletes, Ronaldo especially. When they got older and their athleticism wore off they were still absolutely excellent players.

I’m not sure Mbappe is anywhere near the same player without his pace. Never seen him control a game on his reading, positioning, passing alone. 
When I see a very good player with a clear athletic advantage i always wonder what they’d be like without it. If it’s clear they’d still be a hugely influential figure on the pitch then I think they’re a great player. 
You’ve got to have more than one clear advantage over the opposition to be considered in the very top bracket imo.

My take, anyway….

3 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Are we getting a Radio Newcastle highlights or do you reckon or do UEFA don’t allow clubs to do them? 

Got them for Milan, so would assume so.

edit - actually no we didn’t, so probably not

Edited by SteV

3 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

At least you made it :lol:

Not a lot of choice there. I'm delivering training to 10 Omanis, who are staunch Muslims. 

They've been very understanding of my state this morning, but I think calling in sick due to a hangover might not have been wise. :lol:

6 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Are we getting a Radio Newcastle highlights or do you reckon or do UEFA don’t allow clubs to do them? 

I'd devour the audio only if that was an option.

9 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Messi and Ronaldo were incredible players but also fantastic athletes, Ronaldo especially. When they got older and their athleticism wore off they were still absolutely excellent players.

I’m not sure Mbappe is anywhere near the same player without his pace. Never seen him control a game on his reading, positioning, passing alone. 
When I see a very good player with a clear athletic advantage i always wonder what they’d be like without it. If it’s clear they’d still be a hugely influential figure on the pitch then I think they’re a great player. 
You’ve got to have more than one clear advantage over the opposition to be considered in the very top bracket imo.

My take, anyway….

It's hard to tell as well. I thought Henry was better technically than Drogba. But Drogba was the better older player.