West Ham United vs. Newcastle United: 8/10/23 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

Looks like Isak will probably be patched up and sent out for this final game before the international break. Not sure who we'll go with on the left flank with Gordon missing and the other three options out. I think I'd rather go with Lewis Hall than risk sending Joelinton out if there's any doubt over his hamstring.

Just now, TRon said:

Looks like Isak will probably be patched up and sent out for this final game before the international break. Not sure who we'll go with on the left flank with Gordon missing and the other three options out. I think I'd rather go with Lewis Hall than risk sending Joelinton out if there's any doubt over his hamstring.

Will most likely be Anderson out at LW with Tonali, Bruno and Longstaff in midfield.

10 minutes ago, Sifu said:

Will most likely be Anderson out at LW with Tonali, Bruno and Longstaff in midfield.

Forgot about Anderson, that would make more sense. So main worry would be up front then, Isak will start, but he's patched up, and not sure we have any cover unless Wilson is on the bench as Gordon is also out for this game.

28 minutes ago, TRon said:

Forgot about Anderson, that would make more sense. So main worry would be up front then, Isak will start, but he's patched up, and not sure we have any cover unless Wilson is on the bench as Gordon is also out for this game.

Don't think Wilson will be risked given how delicately we need to manage his fitness. In terms of cover upfront, Murphy did play there for about 3 minutes against Man City when Isak had to come off but would think Murphy upfront is a desperate last resort.

Think Jamaal can handle Antonio. His kind of battle.

Bowen is such an influential figure for them, 5 goals and 2 assists in 8 games so far. I wonder if a more mobile LB like Targett might do better limiting his game rather than Burn who often needs support against a wide player. Especially if we have no natural left sided forward to support him.

Anderson for Gordon would be the only change you’d expect.

Hopefully Big Joe and Wilson are back fit enough to be on the bench to help close the game out at least. 

Wouldn’t be averse to shoehorning Livramento in for some more minutes but it’s probably no adding anything anywhere.

I reckon Murphy probably comes in for Gordon. We’re so light in midfield and left wing now that having Anderson on the bench able to cover both in case of injury/tactical necessity makes sense imo.

Edited by Smal

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Twitter rumours suggesting Wilson and Joelinton are both back in full training today. Would assume both will be on the bench if true.

I think one will start if true, probably Joelinton. Miggy is on great form so would be criminal to drop him if he’s fit. This is going to be a tough game, West Ham looking much better this season.

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

I think one will start if true, probably Joelinton. Miggy is on great form so would be criminal to drop him if he’s fit. This is going to be a tough game, West Ham looking much better this season.

Joeltinon left hand side maybe ?

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Think Jamaal can handle Antonio. His kind of battle.

Bowen is such an influential figure for them, 5 goals and 2 assists in 8 games so far. I wonder if a more mobile LB like Targett might do better limiting his game rather than Burn who often needs support against a wide player. Especially if we have no natural left sided forward to support him.

Not sure if Antonio is fit. Bowen played up front midweek and looked terrific against us last time. 

2 hours ago, Smal said:

I reckon Murphy probably comes in for Gordon. We’re so light in midfield and left wing now that having Anderson on the bench able to cover both in case of injury/tactical necessity makes sense imo.

I often wonder why Murphy is a right footed right wing.. It's not like he can cross it like Trippier. Very few teams play with right footed right wingers these days (I believe). I guess that's just the side that he has been used to playing?

Just now, Erikse said:

I often wonder why Murphy is a right footed right wing.. It's not like he can cross it like Trippier. Very few teams play with right footed right wingers these days (I believe). I guess that's just the side that he has been used to playing?

Think he can do either side to a similar level because his main attributes are without the ball (ie team work, pressing etc.). During our October run last season he played on the left for most of it.