West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

Just now, Theregulars said:

I’m also not sure I understand your argument. We kind of are at that level, no? We’re playing in the CL having finished 4th and we’re trying to repeat.

Finishing top four and playing CL is “elite” is it? Are Man Utd therefore “elite”?

Oh spare me your self righteous drivel, theregulars. You more than implied that Eddie was not the right man, and you will more every chance you get. You are just an insufferable, arrogant energy vampire who only appears to get off bringing the mood down. You are easily one of the most consistently awful posters on this forum.

I won’t accuse you of lying for misquoting me about a job. I never said I never survived for more than two years. I quit to become a documentary filmmaker. How is you saying that any better than what I said?

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

You want Anderson binned asap because he’s nowhere near the level we want to be at. But happy to keep the other players I mentioned despite also being nowhere near the level we want to be at. Doesn’t make sense. 

It does make sense though. I want Anderson not to play because I don’t think he’s good enough. I am happy with the others playing because I think they’re good enough. 

Young Eddie will be a little disappointed to concede late in the game but overall that’s a decent enough point to get. Now the international break is coming up, allowing him to get some injured players back. Then Palace and dortmund at St. James Park. I’m sure the place will be rocking for those, especially the dortmund match. Like when we beat Manchester United 3-0. 
Maybe I’ll be in the studio again for the CL fixture. If not I’ll surely be watching on the telly. 

I’ve had a big lunch today lads. See ya later. 

It does make sense though. I want Anderson not to play because I don’t think he’s good enough. I am happy with the others playing because I think they’re good enough. 

He was only playing today because Gordon, Joelinton, Willock and Barnes were out.

9 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I’m sorry but that’s complete horse shit and you know it is. The words I used were “seems like he’s not the man for the big occasion” on the basis that we have a mixed record in big matches. 

You posted the other day you’d never survived a job longer than 2 years - wonder why, given you appear to have no grip on reality or what words mean. 

Lying about what people say to try and fit in with others at someone’s expense is vermin-like behaviour. Shame on you.

So you admit you were wrong about Howe? Since we pumped PSG?

I think they’re about where we are, yes.

Both Newcastle Utd and Manchester Utd are elite then?

you’re moving the goalposts here. You said we want to be elite. A few posts later you’re now saying we are elite. 

neither Newcastle or Man Utd are elite.  Nowhere near

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Pretty decent comparison that. Could still go on to fulfil the promise Barkley never did, but he's clearly not the finished article yet, and no one should expect him to be.

I think folk are entitled to say they don't see enough in him to be 'elite' which is where we're now striving to be. I think that's the point that TheRegulars is making.

Football is a game of opinions after all.

Stats can often prove or disprove objective measurements of the game though. Folk used whinge about Longstaff last season and since he's been back in the side we've been nigh on unstoppable.

However, today, just as West Ham did with Brighton, they allowed us to have the ball, folk think cause we had 70% possession or whatever we should have won, stats aren't always the be all and end all.

For me Anderson needs more time, needs opportunities like he is getting and it's then likely he will become a good box to box midfielder who will work well in rotation for us. Is he quite there yet, no, but nor do I expect him to be.

Tonali is clearly a baller too but needs time to settle.

Just two of the players I've seen mentioned.

Edited by Heron

The injury situation plus our lack of depth is unfair on developing players like Anderson as they’re expected to perform like seasoned pros when what they need is to come in with 20 minutes to go when we’re already winning.

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

Oh spare me your self righteous drivel, theregulars. You more than implied that Eddie was not the right man, and you will more every chance you get. You are just an insufferable, arrogant energy vampire who only appears to get off bringing the mood down. You are easily one of the most consistently awful posters on this forum.

Genuinely I think you struggle cognitively. There’s not really any reality where you read what I say about Eddie Howe and conclude I don’t think he’s a great manager or the right one for us. I’m just prepared to give an opinion when I think he’s made a mistake. 

By comparison, you have a tantrum whenever anybody disagrees with a wider-held opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

Young Eddie will be a little disappointed to concede late in the game but overall that’s a decent enough point to get. Now the international break is coming up, allowing him to get some injured players back. Then Palace and dortmund at St. James Park. I’m sure the place will be rocking for those, especially the dortmund match. Like when we beat Manchester United 3-0. 
Maybe I’ll be in the studio again for the CL fixture. If not I’ll surely be watching on the telly. 

I’ve had a big lunch today lads. See ya later. 

Developing a soft spot for your, Pards.

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

you’re moving the goalposts here. You said we want to be elite. A few posts later you’re now saying we are elite. 

I think we’re one of the best 20 teams in Europe at the minute and aiming to cement that status. I think manure are the same.

We have to be happy with the point. We’re 1 nil down, Bruno should be off and it was never a free kick for our equaliser. We should have won from

there but we can’t complain.

Had we not have been missing Joelinton, Willock, Gordon and Barnes I’m pretty sure our substitutions would have been different and we’d have won. Fresh legs and experience from the bench cost us.

Good performance and loved the way we came out after the anemic first half. West Ham are a canny team and it was heartwarming to see how dominant we were at their place. Did enough to win so coming away with just a point is disappointing but it also could've been much worse if some key decisions went against us (like Bruno potentially getting sent off and some soft freekicks given by the terrible ref). Should have a much healthier squad after the international break and things are looking good.

Paqueta is really good like, rare to see someone with so much talent on the ball and still so strong on duels, should stop with all the diving though. Kudus had a sensational cameo too, ridiculous that Moyes starts Soucek ahead of him.

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He always moves the posts