West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

5 minutes ago, STM said:

So you admit you were wrong about Howe? Since we pumped PSG?

Good question. I’m still not quite sure - we were dreamy against PSG, solid but lucky against Milan, great against city on LC but not so great PL, blew the Liverpool matched, destroyed by Brighton… it’s a mixed bag this season and last. 

In my original opinion I said he has a mixed record in big matches. I still think that is the case, but he is undoubtedly very good at making the most of our resources and has won many, many games in a way which suggests he deserves trust and freedom.

Am I not also entitled to just give my view on him if I thjnk he’s made a mistake? That’s really all it is, and it does then feel like I get grouped up on for it. 

9 minutes ago, TRon said:

He was only playing today because Gordon, Joelinton, Willock and Barnes were out.

Absolutely - but football is a squad game now and we want to get to a place where the whole squad is really good. I don’t see Anderson getting there on basis of what I’ve seen.

21 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

I’m sorry but that’s complete horse shit and you know it is. The words I used were “seems like he’s not the man for the big occasion” on the basis that we have a mixed record in big matches. 

You posted the other day you’d never survived a job longer than 2 years - wonder why, given you appear to have no grip on reality or what words mean. 

Lying about what people say to try and fit in with others at someone’s expense is vermin-like behaviour. Shame on you.

20231008_165239.gif.37b4afbc39e5b3c17d482bec1802b75d.gif

23 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

You posted the other day you’d never survived a job longer than 2 years - wonder why, given you appear to have no grip on reality or what words mean. 

Needs to be less of this like. Can't be digging out personal posts from elsewhere on the forum and using them in a tedious football argument. 

Just now, Interpolic said:

Needs to be less of this like. Can't be digging out personal posts from elsewhere on the forum and using them in a tedious football argument. 

Ooooh I dont know. Further back the better as well. Makes it more comedic and less serious.

At least I'd be safe in knowing there's nowt anyone could dig up on me :whistle:

22 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

You're doing a great job of slowly moderating your bizarre take after the backlash. Honestly quite impressive. Give it another few posts and you'll be saying he's an undoubted prospect who just needs a bit of time. :clap:

Time is a flat circle. We'll do this again after Palace.

31 minutes ago, Aiston said:

It is a match thread, it's for those :lol:

People still have time to think as they type. Dread to think what some on here say to others in real life when they have to react to things in a split second.

5 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Lying about what people say though - that’s ok?

There is a bit of a difference from saying "He said Eddie Howe should have been sacked a few weeks ago" and "Youve not had a job longer then two years, you're dettached from reality" like, even if the former may be incorrect. :lol:

Edited by 54

4 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Lying about what people say though - that’s ok?

Did he actually lie or has he misremembered or misinterpreted what you said? There’s a huge difference. 

One thing is for sure though, saying you’re glad he can’t hold down a regular job and saying you take satisfaction in the fact he’s struggling to keep a roof over his head is disgusting.