West Ham United 2-2 Newcastle United (08/10/23)

BlueStar

Shame we never hung on for the win.

I would have taken a point at the start of the day, I’ve not had a good feeling about today. I just think injuries and suspensions would mount up against us.

The feeling obviously got worse when we went a goal down early on.

I’ll take the point, but it’s a rather ‘meh’ result for us.

Let’s just get some rest during the international break, and get some players back.

Edited by Stifler

Would have taken the point before hand. We do struggle against anti football like that sometimes so was pleased that we managed to get a couple. Shame to lose those 2 points at the end but time to regroup and push on for the next run of games 

Fair result. Not a bad point. Always a bit of a bummer conceding late on. All things considered a very good 8 days.

As regards Tonali, I seem to remember a certain Mr Gordon getting a rough time off some 6 months back and look at him now.

Well.. Bollocks.

Think a draw is fair enough. We played into West Ham's hands the first half and looked toothless for it. Looked much more cohesive the majority of the second half but it was like we were waiting to slap them with a counter to kill the game off that never came. Gutted Isak couldn't get that third.

Considering the run of games we've had I wouldn't have been devastated at a draw beforehand but what a deflating way to go about it. :lol:

Good that we can finally get some time to rest the players, hopefully Wilson and joelinton can recover during the international break.

But that said we have like 5 games in 15 days, so that's a game on average every 3 days. Cant see us maintaining a steady performance with our current squad depth, and we've not cemented ourselves well enough in the table.

Edited by t00nt00n313

As most people have said, draw is a fair result, we weren't at our best which may have been expected given the physical and mental fatigue from Wednesday but we battled well, as did both teams really, they're in good form and it's a tough place to come and play, so solid effort really.

I would have taken a point before kick-off, and we going into the international break seven games unbeaten, having won 5 and drawn two. Solid few weeks, can't really complain all too much.

Would have loved all three points but I think the draw is fair - and perfectly fine. Bruno is absolutely fortunate to have remained on the pitch. Had a chance to kill it with Isak's 1v1 with the keeper but it wasn't meant to be. Poor from Tonali and the midfield for the Kudus goal but again - given the lack of depth and the amount of work, not surprising they ran out of energy. 

Need the break badly.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

What’s wrong with the observations made/posted about Tonalis effort for that equaliser? I ain’t blaming him for the goal FYI, but I definitely feel he could have made himself bigger. 

Nothing, but its transparent when a number of regens have appeared specifically to target him.

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Don't really feel Isak and Miggy subs were necessary. 

Anderson perhaps to bring Wilson on, but Isak should have stayed on.

Would of stuck Wilson for Anderson and stuck isak on the left..... ahwell would've took a point at half time not a terrible result.... 5 league games unbeaten and 5 points better off than this stage last season, we're doing alright