Newcastle United 4-0 Crystal Palace (21/10/23)

Disco

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I loved this goal at the time for that exact reason. Runners everywhere confusing the defenders and giving us lots of options. Shows the coaching going into the team and why we are so effective regardless of who is in the line up.

About the banner, I don't get it.

Do people in UK really think that PIF is separate from the Kingdom? I'm sorry for the language, but do people really that stupid in the UK?

PIF is owned by the Kingdom. It's the financial instrument of the Kingdom. Take that info whatever you want.

The problem with the takeover is because our government didn't punish the illegal streaming service that pirated the Qataris owned BeIn's Premier League show. When it solved (we paid a lot of money to the Qataris), the takeover is approved.

You like it or not your league is on Qatari's payroll, so it always cater to the Qataris whims.

15 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

Do people in UK really think that PIF is separate from the Kingdom? I'm sorry for the language, but do people really that stupid in the UK?

PIF is owned by the Kingdom. It's the financial instrument of the Kingdom. Take that info whatever you want.

The problem with the takeover is because our government didn't punish the illegal streaming service that pirated the Qataris owned BeIn's Premier League show. When it solved (we paid a lot of money to the Qataris), the takeover is approved.

You like it or not your league is on Qatari's payroll, so it always cater to the Qataris whims.

Aye, let's say the quiet bit out loud.

18 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

It’s based on the fact that PIF or rather the consortiums legal team gave assurances of a separation. Recently we have seen Saudi companies sponsoring us, so if there was some tenuous deniability that existed, it has been washed away.

23 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

No people aren't that stupid, but we are run on capitalist principles so everything's for sale basically. It's probably not that different where you are either.

28 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

It had fuck all to do with the illegal streaming as well. It had everything to do with the majority of the top 6 not wanting us as competition.

It is widely reported that Gary Hoffman was brought in to stop our takeover by 5 of the top 6 clubs, and his failure to prevent that is why he was essentially sacked.

The illegal streaming in Saudi had stopped ages ago, and the reinstatement of Bein was applied before our takeover went through.

On top of this, the assurances that the Saudi government couldn’t influence anything regarding the club was a made up reason. The Premier League has no such rules against it, in fact Chinese companies even if they are officially owned by Chinese individuals are all subject to Chinese government control when their government requires it. The Premier League at the time had a situation where both the owners of Southampton and WBA had been informed by the Chinese government to sell the clubs and stop further investment. There was also question marks over if it could be applied to Wolves owners as well.

The reason the takeover went through is because the Friday before the judge in the CAT case had allowed us to use evidence, and publicly against the Premier League which showed that they were illegally trying to block the takeover upon request of the 5 clubs, and there also indications that the evidence would also show that the Premier League knew about the ESL proposals and were more on board with it than they made out to be.

The allowing of Bein being shown in Saudi, and the legal assurances were all a smokescreen the Premier League requested in order to give the impression that they did what they could to prevent the takeover, and to save face.

5 hours ago, Stifler said:

It had fuck all to do with the illegal streaming as well. It had everything to do with the majority of the top 6 not wanting us as competition.

It is widely reported that Gary Hoffman was brought in to stop our takeover by 5 of the top 6 clubs, and his failure to prevent that is why he was essentially sacked.

The illegal streaming in Saudi had stopped ages ago, and the reinstatement of Bein was applied before our takeover went through.

On top of this, the assurances that the Saudi government couldn’t influence anything regarding the club was a made up reason. The Premier League has no such rules against it, in fact Chinese companies even if they are officially owned by Chinese individuals are all subject to Chinese government control when their government requires it. The Premier League at the time had a situation where both the owners of Southampton and WBA had been informed by the Chinese government to sell the clubs and stop further investment. There was also question marks over if it could be applied to Wolves owners as well.

The reason the takeover went through is because the Friday before the judge in the CAT case had allowed us to use evidence, and publicly against the Premier League which showed that they were illegally trying to block the takeover upon request of the 5 clubs, and there also indications that the evidence would also show that the Premier League knew about the ESL proposals and were more on board with it than they made out to be.

The allowing of Bein being shown in Saudi, and the legal assurances were all a smokescreen the Premier League requested in order to give the impression that they did what they could to prevent the takeover, and to save face.

More or less this.

5 hours ago, aa5773 said:

And are you that stupid to not realise Masters, Gary Hoffman and the "super six" were desperate for the takeover to fail.  Think that one through because not long after the greedy bastards tried to piss off and create a "Super League".  I know who is corrupt and in this case it wasn't Newcastle United FC.

Edited by Rod

6 hours ago, Rafalove said:

It’s based on the fact that PIF or rather the consortiums legal team gave assurances of a separation. Recently we have seen Saudi companies sponsoring us, so if there was some tenuous deniability that existed, it has been washed away.

That isn't a "fact" Rafa, because it isn't public knowledge exactly what the assurances were, the PL's statement was that they had received assurances that the Saudi state "would not control the club", that could have been for example been an acceptance that the state could control the club via its ability to control of PIF but an assurance that control would be left entirely to the PIF board.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I know it was a plan to overload down the right, but it's probably a good thing we can be less reliant on Bruno. Especially with a suspension coming up.

We were brutal this weekend, what people thought would be a tough game was completely one sided and totally dominant. It was the type of performance you’d expect from the champions truly elite. 

We're comfortably a top4 side in this league by the way.

The Liverpool defeat is skewing the table in terms of where we should be.

Statistically, and I'm not the type to go by stats i prefer seeing with my own eyes, we're top for xG and 2nd for xGa. Best attack and 2nd best defence in the league after arguably the hardest fixture run first 9 games? We're going places.

I was sat at one point during the second half and was closely watching Bruno and by way of this, Will Hughes. The gulf in quality and class between them was wild. Hughes couldn't get near him and at times looked like they were playing different sports. Which then put into focus, not so long ago, pre-takeover, Will Hughes would have been an upgrade on our midfield options! 

47 minutes ago, vicente_14 said:

I was sat at one point during the second half and was closely watching Bruno and by way of this, Will Hughes. The gulf in quality and class between them was wild. Hughes couldn't get near him and at times looked like they were playing different sports. Which then put into focus, not so long ago, pre-takeover, Will Hughes would have been an upgrade on our midfield options! 

Pre takeover he'd have been an upgrade on Longstaff and Joelinton.