Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Newcastle United (28/10/23)

Disco

It's a bit trite but the impact of the season is on full display there. Can't fault the commitment but injuries, suspension and European football taking their toll. Can't keep busting a gut to get to loose balls etc every game like we have been. Can see the freshness in Wolves' play at times.

Lucky to be up, but we've been the better side. Hope we can steal a win and get some rest. Would be big for morale too.

Just now, Yorkie said:

If anyone is having a moral quandary about that pen let me remind you of 2018/19 when we were utterly robbed home and away against these fucks. 

:thup: I can't shake the feeling we're starting to get the 'big club' decisions in games that don't involve other European challengers. But to be honest, with the absolute shite we've seen over the years I don't think I'll start feeling genuinely guilty about it for years to come. :lol:

Just now, Danh1 said:

Some of the shit Wolves have gotten away with against us over the year - they can get to fuck

:thup: Boly's foul on Dubravka not given, the straight red for Yedlin when there was a man on the cover, Perez getting elbowed in the face in the box and play waved on... 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I feel like I’m missing out on getting radged up by listening to Don Goodman’s Mackem nonsense.  

He's such a fucking cunt like :lol: i'm streaming my desktop to the tv but i don't have sound coming from it so in the end i'm just happy to have his shit spouted from the computer and not loud from the tv while getting needlessly angry :lol:

Trippier has been poor but like Dortmund I think Wolves have been pressing him into mistakes well. Having Jamaal next to him instead of Schar is always going to make easier to squeeze us there and it's usually so key to our passing tempo.

As more than a couple of people have said, it's the kind of penalty Liverpool get given every other week almost with no comment from the media.

Its soft but its a foul and would've been given as one anywhere on the pitch. If you miss your clearance and kick an opposition players it's a foul every time.

Think Shay described that perfectly, in real time that absolutely looks like a foul to Anthony Taylor and you can understand why he's given it, but if you where looking just from the cameras and making a decision, you probably don't give it, but once Taylor makes that decision it's hard to overturn, hence the whole clear and obvious thing.

3 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Got a nervy feeling one of our 2-2 specials is coming up here ala West Ham this season and Leeds last. Hopefully I’m wrong.

You might be wishing you were right come full time