Borussia Dortmund vs. Newcastle United: 7/11/23 @ 17:45 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

We've beaten Man U and Arsenal coming into this. They've just taken a hiding at home to Bayern.

I'm going 0 - 2. The old early goal will be crucial, get their crowd dampened abit.

I'm still pissed about Isak not getting to play against these!

Might seem silly but I won’t be disappointed if we lose this and the next one vs PSG, the home game vs Milan will be the a good opportunity to win which if I’m correct will give us a shot at  europa league if Milan also lose their remaining games?

Edited by black_n_white

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Might seem silly but I won’t be disappointed if we lose this and the next one vs PSG, the home game vs Milan will be the a good opportunity to win which if I’m correct will give us a shot at  europa league if Milan also lose their remaining games?

Yep, none of that seems disappointing at all

One last huge effort from everyone on Tuesday please. Bournemouth away a few days later then they can all put their feet up for a fortnight. Go with the strongest XI we have and try and enjoy it, soak in the atmosphere and come away with at least a point if possible, no reason why we can't. Expecting an especially big performance from Bruno as he'll get 3 weeks off

I'll go with a twitchy 1-2

Need something from this to be in with a serious shout of qualifying for the RO16.

If we drop down to the Europa League we'll play more games due to the knockout round play offs in February. Try and progress in the CL and see how far we can go.

2 minutes ago, midds said:

One last huge effort from everyone on Tuesday please. Bournemouth away a few days later then they can all put their feet up for a fortnight. Go with the strongest XI we have and try and enjoy it, soak in the atmosphere and come away with at least a point if possible, no reason why we can't. Expecting an especially big performance from Bruno as he'll get 3 weeks off

I'll go with a twitchy 1-2

Bruno hardly gonna have 3 weeks off like, Brazil have Colombia and Argentina during the break.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Bruno hardly gonna have 3 weeks off like, Brazil have Colombia and Argentina during the break.

Couple of potential appearances in a 3 week period isn't going to hurt ;)

Would have loved for Isak to have been fit for this and the home game. I love Wilson and he's already a NUFC legend in my eyes, but I don't know if he has the dynamic and unpredictability element to score against some of these top European sides consistently.

I hope to be proven wrong.

Edited by Amir_9

Feels like the most important game of the season so far?

If we win, I reckon we go through if we beat Milan at home.

A draw keeps us in it, but we'll likely need something in Paris plus a win v Milan.

Lose and I think we're battling with Milan for the Europa League spot on the last game.

Previous results doesn't mean anything, and we ain't got Bayern level players quite yet. I think we can win against them, but that'll mainly be down to my belief that EH will have picked up several things to change/focus on from our previous game against them, and having watched the game back an unhealthy amount of times, to make sure he can set the team up for success.