Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, OCK said:

I'm OK with Pope. You have to remember this switch to having your GK comfortable on the ball is 'new'. There aren't that many out there. Those that are good with their feet aren't top/elite level when it comes to what you'd expect from a traditional GK. 

From the list of GKs who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, you wouldn't take many. 

Jason Steele

Sanchez

Raya

Ramsdale

Pickford

Ederson

Alisson

ter Stergen

Neuer

It’s not just the feet thing though, his distribution has always been poor. His decision making seems to be weaning this season. 

18 minutes ago, BShearer said:

big 3 points vs a direct rival. lets hope them underperforming goes on bit longer.

at 1-1 I thought oh fuck another game where we lead and throw it away but 2nd half we were wonderful.

crazy schedule, PSG and United next 2 games, will be honest I would happily accept a loss vs PSG if a win is guaranteed vs United. CL group imo is pretty much fucked for us, but I do think we can maybe finish ahead of Spurs, Vill, Brighton, United in the league with a bit of luck and some good January transfers. getting back to CL would be huge both sporting wise and financially too has to be the priority above anything else.

They ain't a rival at all, unless you think were battling for 12th spot?

23 minutes ago, BShearer said:

big 3 points vs a direct rival. lets hope them underperforming goes on bit longer.

at 1-1 I thought oh fuck another game where we lead and throw it away but 2nd half we were wonderful.

crazy schedule, PSG and United next 2 games, will be honest I would happily accept a loss vs PSG if a win is guaranteed vs United. CL group imo is pretty much fucked for us, but I do think we can maybe finish ahead of Spurs, Vill, Brighton, United in the league with a bit of luck and some good January transfers. getting back to CL would be huge both sporting wise and financially too has to be the priority above anything else.

:anguish: post all around but come on man. 

Outstanding preparation for Tuesday. Night and day performance when compared to Bournemouth. 

Gordon was unreal, Lascelles doing his best Cannavaro impression, and Isak back on the scoresheet.

Bring on a trip to Paris on Tuesday.

HWTL!!

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Never really looked troubled even when they were breaking out with with nice play in first half. Second half battered them, so much energy and running. You know it's a good day when Ritchie and Dummet come on and you're not worried. 

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Still think he needs to realise his limitations and play with that in mind 

Think he’s been told to play that way, did it again second half but didn’t lose it. Front foot ain’t it.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s a young lad who could well develop into what they’re hoping, but Caicedo doesn’t look close to a £100m+ footballer to me.  Likewise Mudryk at £80m+.  Or pretty much anyone Boehly has spunked money on. 

In the Mudryk is terrible. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was into peddling knock off speed to school kids either.

Well, well, well, pick Tino and we smash Chelsea. Who'd have thought it.

Our press was back in full swing again today, delightful to see. Really gets the crowd going that style of play, something the fat pig from pre-takeover wouldn't understand.

Miley is canny, looking forward to seeing more of him as he picks up confidence.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Think he’s been told to play that way, did it again second half but didn’t lose it. Front foot ain’t it.

Noticeable difference since he’s been Eddie’d. On balance definitely better than the player he used to be. Wish he could teach Joe how to head a ball.

Edited by Dr Venkman