FA Cup Third Round: sunderland (A) 06/01/24 @ 12:45 - Live on ITV

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Chris Hughes, the insufferable kiss arse off ITV racing is a sunderland fan?  Even more reason to dislike him. 

Ah God that's who it is? Really ruins the racing waffling shite, same as that Chapman muppet

26 minutes ago, jack j said:

Wearside? What? It's gonna look like one of those old Pro Evo games where they didn't have the rights to the club names and so had to make it Wearside FC vs Merseyside Blue to see who takes on Gunners FC in the next round. What a wierd word to pick. Do they have any songs or anything where they go on about "Wearside"?

3 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Wearside? What? It's gonna look like one of those old Pro Evo games where they didn't have the rights to the club names and so had to make it Wearside FC vs Merseyside Blue to see who takes on Gunners FC in the next round. What a wierd word to pick. Do they have any songs or anything where they go on about "Wearside"?

They've spelt queerside wrong 😂 

1 minute ago, Paully said:

A sea of black and white scarves in the away end apparently……..

Class by NUFC if true!

That'll rattle them even more. :indi:

5 hours ago, Chris_R said:

I get your point but we're basically picking from a pool of about 13 fit players.

We can't use injuries as an excuse, the 11 that will be put out, will be 11 players who've played regularly for us and performed well.

I'll guess Pope will be the only 1 people will really wish was fit. 

Other injuries will impact our bench, but the starting 11 should be capable of doing the job themselves. If not, it'll be extremely disappointing.

7 hours ago, TeddySAFC said:

Mixed.

I think we will give you a decent game, I just hope our young lads don't either lose their heads or just completely shit themselves.

The atmosphere will be heightened, Alot of people are frustrated and angry, but that will hopefully channelled in making the ground as hostile as possible. Fans don't have an issue with the players, they've gave us a decent few seasons since promotion from L1 and they're all a committed bunch.

First goal crucial, Still expect you to have too much quality but you never know.

Agree with what you say. It’s an odd one, being the away side, but I think the Newcastle players will be more comfortable with the atmosphere than the home players. Guessing not many of them will have played in similar before. 

39 minutes ago, Paully said:

A sea of black and white scarves in the away end apparently……..

Class by NUFC if true!

Half black and white for NUFC and half black and white for Sunderland I expect.

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Agree with what you say. It’s an odd one, being the away side, but I think the Newcastle players will be more comfortable with the atmosphere than the home players. Guessing not many of them will have played in similar before. 

They've played in intense atmospheres already this season and done OK. I'd be more concerned about Dan Burn losing it should we be trailing or Bruno as he's looked frustrated recently and lashed out a couple of times.

Guest reefatoon

Probably says Jack on the other stand. They do love a wrongun.

1 minute ago, madras said:

They've played in intense atmospheres already this season and done OK. I'd be more concerned about Dan Burn losing it should we be trailing or Bruno as he's looked frustrated recently and lashed out a couple of times.

What intense atmospheres, equivalent to what is likely tomorrow, have Sunderland played in this season? 

53 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

What intense atmospheres, equivalent to what is likely tomorrow, have Sunderland played in this season? 

My bad, I misread.

Edit.....my point about Burn and Bruno still stands though.

Edited by madras

I'll be surprised if the team isnt:

Dubravka 

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Longstaff 

Bruno

Joelinton

Miggy

Isak