Newcastle United 1-0 Manchester United (02/12/23) | Reaction: Pg. 34 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Dola, also, first yellow (stopping the counter attack) definitely should have been give. No idea why he wasn't booked then.

That challenge, probably not for me, but they do get given sometimes. One that looks worse in slow motion, but he's just trying to play the ball in a normal way and Fernandes nips in a split second before.

Edited by Checko

Thought Schar was extremely lucky not to get a card there. He overrun it and clumsily had to take both player and ball. Yellow would've been right. 

Even luckier that his janky touch didn't result in a breakaway tbh.

Watching the review shows, main media outlets, youtube channels etc and they've all been "wahhhhhh, what has happened to our poor ickle man u"? with little, mostly zero mention, of how good we are and the miracles that Eddie has worked since coming in.

Now I totally understand that from man u fan channels but when the mainstream just concentrate on their precious 90's wank focus it pisses me off a bit. And THEN a boatload of man u fans claim that there is some sort of conspiracy of hate against them. I don't get it, the media fawns over them, discusses them constantly and many of the presenters even buy into them forcing their arrogant <whiny voice> "united" onto the nation. There also seems to be a ton of entitlement from them where they feel they have a given right to be challenging for every possible honour when that's not who they are anymore. Long gone are the days of ferguson, stam, keane et al screaming in ref's faces until they get their way and the tedium of them winning everything. 

Maybe the footballing world should give them the "deluded mancs" tag, except that would imply their fans are from Manchester.

18 minutes ago, Stal said:

Watching the review shows, main media outlets, youtube channels etc and they've all been "wahhhhhh, what has happened to our poor ickle man u"? with little, mostly zero mention, of how good we are and the miracles that Eddie has worked since coming in.

Now I totally understand that from man u fan channels but when the mainstream just concentrate on their precious 90's wank focus it pisses me off a bit. And THEN a boatload of man u fans claim that there is some sort of conspiracy of hate against them. I don't get it, the media fawns over them, discusses them constantly and many of the presenters even buy into them forcing their arrogant <whiny voice> "united" onto the nation. There also seems to be a ton of entitlement from them where they feel they have a given right to be challenging for every possible honour when that's not who they are anymore. Long gone are the days of ferguson, stam, keane et al screaming in ref's faces until they get their way and the tedium of them winning everything. 

Maybe the footballing world should give them the "deluded mancs" tag, except that would imply their fans are from Manchester.

Tell us how you really feel Stal.

1 hour ago, NoU said:

I think you are really stretching if you say it's a yellow [emoji38] I don't think I've ever seen a yellow for accidentally stepping on someone's feet. Of course it hurts, but it happens all the time. And saying he should have seen red for two yellows makes no sense, you can't get a second yellow if you don't have a first one, and if you have the first one, of course you play differently. But yeah, we can agree that it wouldn't have made a difference.

Tell that to Reece James, Oli McBurnie and Connor Galllagher 

I do think it could easily have been a yellow but it's hardly a howler and can see why the ref missed it

On 02/11/2023 at 10:34, Kid Icarus said:

I love how Man United being shit is still talked about like it's surprising among pundits and fan podcasters. They've been shit off and on for 10 years, even when they've succeeded in relative terms, they've never really looked good, their best periods have been as a counter attacking team.

On - just enough for their fans and ex-players to get ahead of themselves and arrogantly hype up how good they are and how they're going to challenge 

Then off - to make all of that arrogance and hype come crashing down nothing short of hilarious until the next time it happens 

Man United are the Liverpool of the 90s. A team that the youngest generations will be wondering why anyone's talking about this much

It was only a month ago but it's still no less boring like, Man United being shit against good teams shouldn't be news anymore.

15 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Still erect from this game. Might seek medical advice soon.

Same man, that and still working off the hangover. Absolutely battered them, lush to watch.