Tottenham Hotspur 4-1 Newcastle United (10/12/23)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's the same reason we make teams look bad on the ball though. We're just not as fit and it's easy for Tottenham to close us down and limit space. 

It's depressing to watch.

I dunno like. There’s definitely some of that but I think structurally we have been terrible too. When the CBs have the ball we have no passing options because our forwards and two outside midfield players are playing really high up the field. There’s only really Bruno and he’s being marked out of the game.

I'm sick to death of the fatigue excuse if we were fatigued we'd look it at home games too. Fact is we are absolutely shit away from home. We are so one dimensional that we simply cannot play any other way

Anyone thinking we will be playing in Europe next season is deluded we look a mid table team in away games

Edited by BullyDogs

Just now, BullyDogs said:

I'm sick to death of the fatigue excuse of we were fatigued we'd look it at home games too. Fact is we are absolutely shit away from home. We are so one dimensional that we simply cannot play any other way

Anyone thinking we will be playing in Europe next season is deluded we look a mid table team in away games

Might be in the Conference League tbf

Just now, Yorkie said:

The point is it wouldn't make a difference. The defence is under masses of pressure because the front six are totally ineffective. 

If we can work on a gameplan for a cup game away at Old Trafford with a completely differen XI I don’t see why we can’t work on one without Trippier. I appreciate the midfield and attacking players we have fit are also running on empty, but none of them is making a goal costing mistake every 10 minutes atm.

2 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Also watched Lascelles smash into the ad board and kept on with this weird "he must've pulled something" fetish. It's clearly an impact that's caused some discomfort, you fucking wally. 

That was just bizarre. Was absolutely desperate for him to be injured. He’s still bitter that we’ve pasted his pathetic excuse for a football club 3 times in a row now. 

I'm sick to death of the fatigue excuse of we were fatigued we'd look it at home games too. Fact is we are absolutely shit away from home. We are so one dimensional that we simply cannot play any other way

mate the same xi have been run out there the last like 10 games... They're knackered whether we like it or not

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Great to see a nice balanced Sky panel - Michael Dawson and Jamie Redknapp. Surprised they don't just go the whole hog and have Darren Anderton and Alan Sugar doing the commentary.

Shearer and Jacob Murphy on whatever channel I'm watching :lol:

Edited by Aiston

Our away form is pretty much relegation form - having the three worst promoted teams in yonks is what is keeping us out of the bottom three of the form table.  We don’t even look mid-table away.  Our away performances in Europe were equally poor - pisspoor finishing by Milan and PSG had more to do with taking two points 

1 minute ago, Jordan said:

Few people have already said it but when we’re not pressing we look incredibly average. We desperately need  a plan b in terms of playing style for when we’re knackered like today. 

This is why I believe Howe will be gone within 24 months. He can only play one way and when it doesn't work he has no way to change it because he doesn't know how to and we don't have the personnel to do it

It's so fucking frustrating 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Bollocks to changing the Xmas football calendar.  Every other side has to do it too.  It’s the time of year when everyone is off - let people have their entertainment

Aye, let’s have everyone going to watch football when they are off. Forgetting that at this time people are travelling to meet families, one of the main days for football is when all the public transport is off, with more shops deciding to close that day in recent years, and the weather is shit, meaning it’s extra difficult for fans to travel.

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Eh?

They said to throw Longstaff on, if you throw on the players who have just come back too early  they can reinjure themselves. Like Jacob Murphy and his shoulder. Then we're screwed with injuries again.