Newcastle United 3-0 Fulham (16/12/23) | Reaction: pg 33 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Just about a red card for Danny Murphy. :lol: Only launched his entire bodyweight directly into Longstaff's face for absolutely no reason. Just about a red. 

Yeah, he even has a moment of clarity and tries to retract his praying mantis kicking leg. I quite like his Wu Tang style [emoji38]

IMG_5454.thumb.webp.9d6d091cd211f049bd62ffba41d02887.webp

Edited by PauloGeordio

Danny Murphy could see someone pull a knife out on the pitch:

”The thing is, you can see why he’s done it. He’s maybe overstepped in the moment but you want to see players who care. For me, it’s a quiet word in the ear”

5 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Good post but not having that being out sung by Fulham. Atmosphere was decent in the Gallowgate. Only heard the Fulham fans when we went quiet.

We were quiet all first half.

Gallowgate may have been decent but the other 3/4 of the ground was shite.

Can see why Jimenez saw red but it was one of those where I really don’t think he meant it. I’ve seen it rugby too (was also a red fwiw) but once the player has jumped you just can’t change your trajectory. 
Felt a bit for him but, as said dems the rules.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Jimenez has lost his head and initially goes to do Longstaff, he tried to pull out, but it's still hugely reckless.

I really don’t believe he jumped with the intention of arsing him in the face 😝

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Good to see Big Joe walking alright at the end of the match. Hopefully just precautionary.

Annoying as he was our best player again IMO before he went off. Seems to have taken it upon himself to carry the ball a little more of recent.

26 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

We were quiet all first half.

Gallowgate may have been decent but the other 3/4 of the ground was shite.

All you could hear on the river was Newcastle fans first half hour or so. Thought it was fairly inspiring stuff tbh. 

Silva does seem prone to these fits of self-righteous anger. So many managers don't seem to be aware of their wider responsibilities. Acting like you've been the victim of an earth-shattering injustice when a decision goes against you is a syndrome that filters down all the way to kids football. It's the very worst image for the game.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Silva does seem prone to these fits of self-righteous anger. So many managers don't seem to be aware of their wider responsibilities. Acting like you've been the victim of an earth-shattering injustice when a decision goes against you is a syndrome that filters down all the way to kids football. It's the very worst image for the game.

ref really didnt get much wrong tbh.

yellow to red correctly.

jamal tried to push his way past raul and caught him. we;d have wnted a yellow maybe if it was the other way around.