Luton Town vs. Newcastle United: 23/12/23 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

58 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Was just about to post about this, it's worth watching for anyone who hasn't seen it - 0:24 on this vid:

Pretty sure Alan Neilson cleared one for us that same season, was almost as impressive even though it was on the ground. Can't find a vid though, anyone remember the game? 

Away at Leeds.

Edit: This one - from about 45 secs in? Topically, I've also just noticed that the ref that day was Keith Cooper, Steve Cooper's dad.

Edited by Elma
Added YouTube link

52 minutes ago, Elma said:

Away at Leeds.

Edit: This one - from about 45 secs in? Topically, I've also just noticed that the ref that day was Keith Cooper, Steve Cooper's dad.

That's the one, cheers!  First time in a long time I've seen those 2 clips :)

I think this will be similar to Bournemouth game unfortunately, especially if we're starting the likes of Ritchie and Joelinton still out.

Maybe Bruno can inspire the team again but I think it'll be an incredibly difficult and physically demanding game, and we just don't have the bodies to go again in 3 days. 

Turning into a bit of a nightmare month but hopefully some light at end of tunnel soon when transfer window opens in January.

Edited by Ginola14

3 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

I think this will be similar to Bournemouth game unfortunately, especially if we're starting the likes of Ritchie and Joelinton still out.

Maybe Bruno can inspire the team again but I think it'll be an incredibly difficult and physically demanding game, and we just don't have the bodies to go again in 3 days. 

Turning into a bit of a nightmare month but hopefully some light at end of tunnel soon when transfer window opens in January.

I think Bruno and Wilson will be the difference between that game and Saturday. 

I'm just hoping their recent good performance have been for the cameras. In my opinion this is very different to the Bournemouth game. Bournemouth are way, way better than these and that's been confirmed by their recent performances.

These aren't very good at all but our fitness levels and injury record is quite concerning. 

1-2

3.5 days off to recover. That's manageable.

Newcastle are actually one of the better equipped teams to face the directness/physicality of Luton. It should suit the likes of Burn and Lascelles.

It's a matter of do Newcastle have enough quality/energy in attack. It will be tough if Gordon is ruled out.

3 hours ago, TRC said:

Their best players are Andros Townsend and Ross Barkley. Please be serious people.

Man City  Home  1‑2    L

Arsenal  Home  3‑4    L

Crystal Palace Home  2‑1  W

Liverpool   Home   1‑1    D

Tottenham   Home   0‑1    L

Burnley   Home   1‑2    L

Yes they don't often win, but they give everyone a hard game at Kenilworth Rd.  There are four top 8 teams in the list above. They only lost by one goal in three of them and managed  a draw with Liverpool.

They were 3-2 up against the Arse with something like 10 minutes to go. The last couple of times I watched them I thought Barkley was excellent.

15 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

Man City  Home  1‑2    L

Arsenal  Home  3‑4    L

Crystal Palace Home  2‑1  W

Liverpool   Home   1‑1    D

Tottenham   Home   0‑1    L

Burnley   Home   1‑2    L

Yes they don't often win, but they give everyone a hard game at Kenilworth Rd.  There are four top 8 teams in the list above. They only lost by one goal in three of them and managed  a draw with Liverpool.

They were 3-2 up against the Arse with something like 10 minutes to go. The last couple of times I watched them I thought Barkley was excellent.

For sure they're no pushover, 4/6 on us winning is a crazy short price!

Dubs

Tripper   Botman    Burn    Livramento

Miley    Bruno   Longstaff

Almiron                                 Joelinton

Isak

Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Bellars said:

Dubs

Isak

Thoughts?

Joelinton and Isak still be fucked

Botman is being managed and Trippiers head has gone

16 minutes ago, Bellars said:

Dubs

Isak

Thoughts?

Obviously various questions around the fitness of different players.

But that aside, I’d be tempted to have Lascelles in for Tino for this one, with Burn LB, to help counter their aerial threat. Not to mention Tino has played virtually non-stop the last few weeks, so resting him for this before coming back in for Forest might not be the worst idea.

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Trippier will be fine imo. Only way he’ll get his confidence back is by playing. 

I think his problems are away from the field tbh - there’s definitely something not right post his comeback from England - in an ideal scenario we take the load off him - just depends on how Krafth holds up these next t few days 

You could play Tino RB and Burn LB

IF Gordon is out you have to play Hall as there doesn’t seem to be anyone else left 

23 minutes ago, Bellars said:

Dubs

Isak

Thoughts?

Rest Trippier play Livramento at right back and Burn left back for me.