Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

Just now, Stifler said:

Apparently the lads are supposed to in on Christmas Day for a couple of hours.

Should be in all day now.

Absolutely - more running is what this squad needs.

Honestly, some of you are simply below-average intelligence humans. I forget that sometimes. 

Just now, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Turned it off.

Howe isn't under any pressure, but the performance today was as poor as we've seen under him. And he's had more players absent than he's had today for a number of matches where we've performed a lot better.

Howe frequently says about how his players give everything. I don't think they did today, and to me that's unacceptable.

I think Howe is under pressure, don't think that means he's going to be sacked though. We haven't been good enough this season especially away from home. 

Just now, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Turned it off.

Howe isn't under any pressure, but the performance today was as poor as we've seen under him. And he's had more players absent than he's had today for a number of matches where we've performed a lot better.

Howe frequently says about how his players give everything. I don't think they did today, and to me that's unacceptable.

This, for the first time today I saw players bottle and pull out of challenges 

Anybody who doesn't think Howe will be feeling the heat is being a bit too optimistic I reckon. I don't think he's anywhere near the bullet, and he shouldn't be. But if he's not facing any uncomfortable questions I'd be amazed. 

They can fuck off with this shit. There was always the worry that peaking too early last season when the squad wasn't ready would lead to this. The long term demotivation and weakening of the mental strength of the team being shredded is now what worries me. To go from the way the players played last season to their current plight is abysmal and at this point in time I'm really not sure who to blame. Injuries are one thing, but we should still be able to work a result against a team like Luton, even if we were using half the youth team!

Guest reefatoon

Well that was absolutely fucking awful. Can’t be going to places like Luton and putting in such abject performances. Really not good enough today.

Abysmal performance and result. Away form and performances are getting a bit of a joke. Outfought and outplayed by one of the worst teams in the league who until today had yet to keep a clean sheet. 

There comes a point where giving them the benefit of the doubt doesn't wash anymore. We've been poor away from home for months now.

Fucking disgusting. Fatigue aside, we didn’t do anything right today. We could have played a simple passing game but never bothered.

No pressure on them at all when they had the ball, our players running parallel with their attackers running towards our goal instead of closing down.

That wasn’t just fatigue, that was downright fucking laziness and a disgrace to their own good work in the past couple of years.

Edited by Stifler

There comes a point (and I think we passed it a while ago) where if the same tired players are incapable of getting a result, game after game, then we should have just played the kids and gave them a rest. That's if the issue is fatigue.