Newcastle United 1-3 Notts Forest (26/12/23)

Disco

Just now, Ikon said:

I assume Tino ain’t fit? Otherwise it makes you wonder why we start Burn against them as they are quick on the counter. 

Burn is still first choice. Tino is also a right back who is a make shift left back. 

having two right footers on the left flank isn’t ideal. 

Just now, andyman said:

Solid first half. Started off a little slow, but we quickly found our feet and displayed some really nice stuff on the pitch. Bruno and Miley look quite confident with the ball today. Isak as well. I would also add that the ref and his team had a good half as well - credit where credit is due. Super annoying that Almiron gave the ball away in injury time, of course that lead to Wood scoring [emoji38] We'll win this in the second half.

Yeah, that about sums it up. A lot of good, but the little bad there was was enough to cancel it out.

We need to come back and win it now though. We've not be resilient enough this season, losing points from winning positions and falling behind and staying there.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Fuck off man, defence were dogshit. He gave the ball away 9 yards away from their goal 

Unless its straight from the kick-off, every goal that's ever been scored can be traced back to an opposition player giving the ball away and the rest of the team can be made utterly blameless, if the scapegoat suits.

Just now, hakka said:

It's so amusing how these two go from this to also being spoken in terms of "we look so much worse without Longstaff" or Almiron scoring/assisting when we've really needed it. :lol:

Not to knock those players who’ve been great for us but upgrading burn longstaff and miggy gives you room to improve a lot imo. 

We look like conceding every time they go forward, our midfield is being cut to bits again. I agree our back 4 are very suspect and open .

Going forward no problem but defending we look crap. 

That's been coming from Almiron, he badly needs to be taken out of the side and reintroduced gradually off the bench if necessary. I don't care if it's Lewis Hall or whoever. You can't expect fans to pay to watch him. You can hear the crowd is getting increasingly frustrated but don't want to jump on his back but that can only last so long. He's absolutely toxic at the minute.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Burn is still first choice. Tino is also a right back who is a make shift left back. 

Better than having a slow shit player on LB, thats for sure 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

If fit and rested since he didn’t play last game I’m pretty sure who I would have started. 

1 minute ago, andyman said:

Solid first half. Started off a little slow, but we quickly found our feet and displayed some really nice stuff on the pitch. Bruno and Miley look quite confident with the ball today. Isak as well. I would also add that the ref and his team had a good half as well - credit where credit is due. Super annoying that Almiron gave the ball away in injury time, of course that lead to Wood scoring [emoji38] We'll win this in the second half.

This sort of.

The game was always going to see a 2nd goal, we tried our best to make it 2-0, but they were always dangerous on the break, and always looked like they could make it 1-1 with a chance. Trippier had made 3 good interceptions to prevent them from getting in earlier in the half.

I think we’ll see a lot more opportunities for us to win the game than Forest will. We may need to keep another man back in defence (that means no coming forward Schar).

Just now, Jordan said:

Praying we get a winger next month, I can’t watch much more of Almiron before my head explodes and Barnes is a perma crock. 

Won't be looking to make any signings until the end of the month according to EH in his pre-match interview.