Players you were certain would be world class?

Mike

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm generally on the other side of things where I don't see what a player is going to become (Kane) so it's a pretty short list.

Phil Foden. Some might say he already is, but I thought he was going to be better than he has been, maybe he still will.

Personally think Foden is world class and will be one of the top ten players in the world throughout the 2020s

13 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Rolando Aarons. Thought he had it all. Saw him against Bradford away (preseason maybe?) and he looked unplayable. 
Kevin Mbabu after seeing him pop Sterling in his pocket at The City of Manchester Stadium (think it was still called that at the time). 

Was gonna say Aaron's, but couldn't remember his name.

By the time I successfully looked it up you beat me to it!

Of all the Newcastle players who left for big money, most of them never amounted to anything, but I think without the injuries Jose Enrique would have been world class at Liverpool.

A few talking about Aarons and Ranger, the youngster I really thought would push on every time I saw him at reserve level was Callum Roberts. He just looked miles above everyone on the pitch at that level, even when the odd senior pro dropped down. He'll not be the first who failed to bridge that step up to men’s football, but given how good he looked at that level I do struggle to understand it.

Yeah, Callum Roberts had a lot of talent. Way more than where his career has led him. It’s so unpredictable matching talent on the ball with what type of career a player will have

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Personally think Foden is world class and will be one of the top ten players in the world throughout the 2020s

Tbh I was expecting him to be nearer Gazza levels of brilliance, so maybe I was just setting myself up for disappointment 

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

TBF he did win a CL and PL title, which is a medal haul far better than most ever achieve

You could say that about loads of mediocre/decent players though. 

4 minutes ago, Collage said:

You could say that about loads of mediocre/decent players though. 

like who? There aren’t many "mediocre" players that play at that level, never mind win them both. Maybe need to recalibrate your idea of mediocre if you genuinely think that’s true.

Saint Maximan. 3 years ago I thought he'd be somewhere like Barcelona now.

Remember seeing Rabiot with PSG in the Champions League a few years back and being totally convinced he'd be the best CM in the world.