Liverpool 4-2 Newcastle United (01/01/2024)

BlueStar

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Re those ‘contact but not a foul’ pens - don’t think VARs ever going to overturn them. Hopefully VAR wouldn’t have awarded it if ref hadn’t either 

I think this part of VAR needs changing the sticking to on field decisions thing. The bar they use is far too high. 

We look like a boxer that has been battered for 12 rounds when the ref should have called it off after 5, there's no cohesion, we aren't playing as a team, we just look like individuals who are all short on confidence, we look absolutely at rock bottom.

6 minutes ago, JB said:

VAR as useful in this game as ever.

It's not Var, it's Stuart Atwell, probably the worst ref at the moment, yet he stays on the elite (hahahaha) list, utterly baffling as the man is an absolute mess of a ref.

1 minute ago, Superior Acuña said:

Re those ‘contact but not a foul’ pens - don’t think VARs ever going to overturn them. Hopefully VAR wouldn’t have awarded it if ref hadn’t either 

It's not helped when ex pros say things like "he was entitled to go down there". Not "its a foul", literally, there's contact so dive.

2 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Aye this is my view. 

I do think the bar for diving is too high.  We’ve had some soft ones too.  

Wasn’t expecting a win but was hoping for an improved performance. Unfortunately didn’t happen, thought we were shocking tbh.  Our lack of quality on the ball is a concern.

1 minute ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

I’m sure I missed something but was the second not offside?

The second pen? I thought her was off side by a good metre or two.
but can't rewind and check

Just now, Sima said:

Livramento has been terrible.

gonna assume he’s injured. Only excuse for pulling out of challenges like that one with Van Dijk. Could’ve cost us 3 or 4 goals by himself today.