Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

I said it at half time that they were playing through our midfield, I honestly believe we be would have been better putting Lascelles on and Schar as the defensive midfielder. De Bruyne changed the game. The owners have to make a decision with injuries being nowhere near. We looked totally off our feet second half.

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

It's unlucky, but that's what often happens when we are under pressure for so long. Not that we can start attacking them when we are out of energy anyways.

But it seems we ran out of energy during half time.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Trippier AGAIN!  And two goals that Pope would have been comfortable with.

I’m beginning to honestly think he’s always done this but pope has bailed him out. You only remember the good

Just now, reefatoon said:

Why the fuck did we decide to sack off the counter attacking football to sit on the edge of our box and try and fucking defend a lead for 45 bastard minutes. It never works man. It was blatantly fucking obvious what the end result was going to be. Fuck off

Aye, that's what we did. :lol:

Not that we were pinned back in our own half by a superior team or owt.

Fuck me some nonsense in here.

The lads where dead on their feet. 

Are people really blaming Eddie Howe for the defeat.  Fuck me - people on here dont have a clue.  He barely had a player he could sub on after our players running themselves into the ground

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Longstaff was knackered surely we have a player to put in for him. 

Hall supposedly prefers midfield not sure why we didn’t stick him.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Ahh, of course. Could somehow find a way to get our 17 year old to take a bit more responsibility? What tactics would you use?

Im not getting paid to be a manger - he fucking is. Sort out that fucking room between midfield and defense is his job. He is supposedly a top level manager. How has it been like this all season? No matter who plays, its always a huge gap.

1 minute ago, worthy said:

Fucking trash - Letting off 2nd half - sitting back hoping - STILL the same fucking space between midfield and defence. When will they learn?

We're fucked man. Got zero options and the 11 are fucked, but the inability to close down the space between midfield and defence is a joke. That's the manager.

Longstaff was a disaster today, but none of them seem to sit and just protect - we give every number 10 the freedom of the city, game after game.

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Just left De Bruyne in acres of space so many time#. Like he's not one of the greatest ever when he has time to pick a pass or shot. 

This. Absolutely criminal.

I think blaming Trippier for the goal is really harsh like. 

It was an exquisite pass from De Bruyne. The fact they get to bring him on in the second time is frankly not fair. 

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

KdB changed the game.  They were toothless before then.

Don't think there's a more effective player in the world

Absolute sickener. But the performance was so much better than I was expecting. Absolutely no reason why we can't go to Villa and get something - particularly with 2 week's rest. 

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Pope doesn’t either.

Pope manages to spread himself much better and will often get something on it by staying big.

Dubravka comes flying out then falls over while trying to stick his leg out.

It's weird.