Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

Just now, The Butcher said:

Really? Don't know how many times they found space behind our midfield Probably hundreds of billions. Nowt done for 90 minutes. Deserved what we got.

A team with no bench got outplayed by the best team on the planet earth after leading alot if the game. Sorry man, I ain't buying what you are selling.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pope manages to spread himself much better and will often get something on it by staying big.

Dubravka comes flying out then falls over while trying to stick his leg out.

It's weird.

Dubravka just sits down.  Awful goalkeeping.

How much longer can this 1st team of players survive a game without more injuries? We're not getting players back, we're constantly losing them though. 

The amount of time getting players back from injuries this season has been ridiculuous.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Our absolute inability to even try attack as well in the 2nd half was poor.

Counter-attacked brilliantly in the first half, tried it once in the 2nd.

This isn't having a go at you mate, but what you posted is perfectly put to react to, for what others aren't seeing or understanding (if you know what i mean).

With a fit squad we make changes at 60 minutes, we have fresh legs, we can hit them with the pace of a fresh player, closed down better with the fresh players.

Too ignore all that and just moan about how we didn't carry on just like we did in the first half, bearing in mind they WERE able to change and bring on fresh players. Honestly, for some posters to just ignore what's in front of their eyes is just baffling.

Love Isak, but once that clock hits 65 mins he's often done.

Could have helped us a lot more by drifting to the side the ball was on when we had it under pressure and would clear it down the line, to at least have a chance of getting the ball.

He was a passenger big time the last 25 mins odd.

Disappointing, thought we gave a good fight, and some decent individual performances, was great to see Trippier have a good performance don't blame him for the 3rd goal..... once De Bruyne came on, it was pretty obvious he was gonna change the game and once they equalised I think it was inevitable that they were gonna get the winner.... 

The sooner this season is out of the way and the sooner we can start planning for the next one with a near enough full squad, the better.

Stinker of a season this one for so many frustrating reasons.

Honestly, if we could have refreshed our front three, and a couple of the players in midfield around the 60 to 70 mark, I think we would have atleast got a point from that. We where breaking so well until that point, and then they casually bring on players like KDB with fresh legs, while ours just continually drop off, was inevitable. 

Disappointing, thought we gave a good fight, and some decent individual performances, was great to see Trippier have a good performance don't blame him for the 3rd goal..... once De Bruyne came on, it was pretty obvious he was gonna change the game and once they equalised I think it was inevitable that they were gonna get the winner.... 

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, STM said:

"Not having that tired reason". :lol:

That will be the... the players are fucking exhausted chasing the ball for 100 minutes... reason. 

Ask any professional footballer.

You get tired by letting the team have the ball and chasing it. We stopped out counter attacking play which was working, to try and dig in and hold onto the result. 

Don’t need to ask a professional footballer [emoji38]

The state of some of the replies in here :lol: 

I can only assume people think that sitting so deep and not countering was a choice? Or that we should have BROUGHT ON SUBS. Like Karius up top. Or Dummett left wing. Or Lascelles on and Schar centre mid :lol: 

I do think we could have done better for all of the goals. But you think they’re not saying the same about our two?

Sometimes quality just shines through and we’ve been undone by the best club side in world football. Struggling to see where the problem is. 

We either having scandalous refs(psg), or choking right at the end. Fatigue ofcourse plays a major part, but we haven't really changed anything. We cant defend for shit, but thats all we are trying to do the last 10 every fucking game that matters. 

Hopefully we can find some confidence and try to be in control again. Thankfully we dont play city, Liverpool and luton every week. 

Recruitment team need to step up this window and provide the players this team needs. It can’t be Phillips or nothing, surely there’s players available on loan with buy options across Europe? Even with financial restrictions, there needs to be activity.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Why are people absolutely desperate to find a player to blame? People blaming Dubs ffs :lol:

agree it's weird. Very poor defending from Trips and Schar which lets in 2, but we're plainly just not a good team at the moment, and bad teams don't get results

Edited by Upthemags

4 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Can't wait until we can bring on someone half as good as KdB.

Literally my full time thought. Imagine a player of that quality with Tonali/Bruno next to them. Absolutely mental.

Just now, KaKa said:

Love Isak, but once that clock hits 65 mins he's often done.

Could have helped us a lot more by drifting to the side the ball was on when we had it under pressure and would clear it down the line, to at least have a chance of getting the ball.

He was a passenger big time the last 25 mins odd.

Both him and Gordon have empty tanks after 65 mins due to their work rate. Not a criticism at all, this would be the point Wilson and Barnes tag in. Only they’re rarely available as a tandem. Injuries costing us the points, not Isak.

Just now, McDog said:

A team with no bench got outplayed by the best team on the planet earth after leading alot if the game. Sorry man, I ain't buying what you are selling.

Aye that's fair enough, but you don't need World Class players to close down space. It's been an issue all season, but nowt done. Even the mackems found plenty of joy behind our midfield.

6 minutes ago, Shak said:

Christ, I feel genuinely bad for you lads who have been watching football all your lives and think just coming out and going hell for leather at them in the second half with no subs was an option :lol:

More good than bad to take from that IMO, we looked genuinely good on the break and had numerous chances to score. I know both our goals were absolute worldies but so were all of there's to undo us.

Really can't wait until we have subs again.

People are lunatics man.

5 minutes ago, Shak said:

Christ, I feel genuinely bad for you lads who have been watching football all your lives and think just coming out and going hell for leather at them in the second half with no subs was an option :lol:

There is a middle way thou between giving the ball up for the whole half, and leather at them

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Why are people absolutely desperate to find a player to blame? People blaming Dubs ffs :lol:

Dubravka made saves to keep us in it, but also had his hairy moments too.

Mostly, I just wish he'd stay fixed to his line. The way he closes out when he comes out is really poor.

Not his fault we lost though, no chance. Just commentary on his general play.