FAC R5: Blackburn Rovers (A): 27/02/24 @ DELAYED 20:00 (Live on BBC One)

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Forgot about Callum Roberts. Now playing for Scunthorpe in the 6th tier. 

Completely forgot about that game, Strange times

Callum Roberts, Jamie Sterry, Schar in midfield.

Ritchie Murphy, Longstaff and Hayden are still here. Joselu leading the line

I genuinely have no recollection of that 4-2 game at Ewood Park. 

Raya with some awful keeping for the 3rd and 4th. Brereton before he became Chilean. Roberts who I don’t remember playing for us. Nevermind scoring. Armstrong scoring against us. 

I must have totally missed this game and all highlights at the time somehow. 

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I genuinely have no recollection of that 4-2 game at Ewood Park. 

Raya with some awful keeping for the 3rd and 4th. Brereton before he became Chilean. Roberts who I don’t remember playing for us. Nevermind scoring. Armstrong scoring against us. 

I must have totally missed this game and all highlights at the time somehow. 

I remember that one but have absolutely zero collection of us playing and beating them in 2020/21, under Bruce. Match thread had 12 pages. :lol:

So it's actually ten times in my lifetime. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I remember that one but have absolutely zero collection of us playing and beating them in 2020/21, under Bruce. Match thread had 12 pages. :lol:

Possibly wasn't televised and was during COVID? I can't remember it either but all games during COVID and under Bruce I can barely remember

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That’s another Blackburn cup game I’ve forgotten then :lol: 

Can’t remember much of the Bruce era, mind. Other than it being thoroughly depressing :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

Let me guess, there’s no chance of getting an away ticket for this unless you’re a ST holder?

Correct.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

That period (COVIDball in the delayed end of 2019-20 and start of 2020-21) was my own personal NUFC supporting nadir. Actively chose not to watch that match at a time when there was nothing to do anyway with it being lockdown*. Football in general was dead to me in that time more or less. Only ever watched us out of a sense of duty later in the season.

*Sort of. Kinda. I think. Was it the failed tier system then?

Couple of my favourite cup memories at Ewood with the Saha 1-0 and Shearer 2-1. Canny draw, massive potential allocation and winnable.

Particularly happy Brighton ended up with a tough tie as wouldn’t want to face those cunts until they’re tied back up in Europe and running on vapours. Same with most of the top end PL clubs at this point. Might actually play into our hands.

What’s the chances of Wrexham beating Blackburn tomorrow? I haven’t watched either side at all. With it being a home fixture for Blackburn it’s surely low chances for Wrexham? Or might Blackburn put out a weaker side because they’re in a dangerous position in the league?

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

S4C usually show the Welsh games if they’re not on regular TV. Suspect it’ll be picked for main broadcast though tbh.

Can't see it on S4C listings, but it's defo on Sky Channel 965 at least (BBC One Wales), hopefully not in Welsh language, but should have a Welsh centric with the pundits, comms etc. possibly on the iPlayer as well, but can't tell.

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

S4C usually show the Welsh games if they’re not on regular TV. Suspect it’ll be picked for main broadcast though tbh.

I watched Bournemouth vs Swansea on S4C on Thursday night. It was in Welsh like.

Just now, black_n_white said:

We don’t want to get involved in the Wrexham pantomime, hoping Blackburn win tomorrow.

I would love to get involved in the Wrexham pantomine