FAC R5: Blackburn Rovers (A): 27/02/24 @ DELAYED 20:00 (Live on BBC One)

25 minutes ago, huss9 said:

we reckon an 8 oclock kick off?

dont really want to be taking the afternoon off to get down there

Last year they varied between 19:15, 19:30, 19:45, 19:55 and 20:00.

Personally I'm already in Yorkshire that week and a slightly earlier one would allow me to get back by public transport (if it's Blackburn) - so I'm pulling for a 19:15!

Edited by ponsaelius

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Last year they varied between 19:15, 19:30, 19:45, 19:55 and 20:00.

see if the missus lets the bairns bunk off the end of school for that day

Doubtless a fair few on here were in the away end at Ewood in the 4-3 loss in the league cup. About 2012 ish? We played shite all match but scored two in stoppage time. Guthries goal I missed as I wasnt watching, the equaliser was just utter bedlam and I buckled my knee when Lovenkrands scored the pen in extra time, all this to see us lose with the last kick. 

Crazy away end that night in a crazy game.  

edit... it was back end of 2011. 

Edited by Stuy_O

21 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

Doubtless a fair few on here were in the away end at Ewood in the 4-3 loss in the league cup. About 2012 ish? We played shite all match but scored two in stoppage time. Guthries goal I missed as I wasnt watching, the equaliser was just utter bedlam and I buckled my knee when Lovenkrands scored the pen in extra time, all this to see us lose with the last kick. 

[emoji38]

37 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

Was my first away game that, class night despite the final result 

We should ask for that side by the pitch as well

Like rangers and celtic do for away games in Scotland

Surely every little helps £££ wise. Be half empty anyway

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why?

Just thinking, unlike this round, where you had games Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday on TV, with the next round being midweek, you’re probably looking at two nights of football. Maidstone will probably be on, as will Man Utd as per normal. 

1 hour ago, Stuy_O said:

Think it was our first defeat of the season if I recall. The Cabaye equaliser was bedlam.

Might try and get to this one but will be in the home end. My mate reckons it'll be around £25 a ticket (home end). They charged £15 tonight against Wrexham. 

22 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

What a night and away end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5PGgwhPOQs

Was there. Ended up getting a lock in, in a pub in Haslingden after the match. Didn't get home till about 5am. What a night! 

Been to a few cup games at Ewood. Was at the one when Roy Wegerle scored in the last minute and we all had to queue overnight for tickets and was also at the one where Hottiger and Lee Clark scored. I got chucked out of that one for running on the pitch after Clarks goal. I was 17 at the time, it was a night time game and I'd been on the drink all day.

21 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Think it was our first defeat of the season if I recall. The Cabaye equaliser was bedlam.

It was yes although I only know this by reading back on the game. I remember little aside from the late, late drama and how cold it was, the considerable intake of beer did nothing to stop my toes feel like they were gonna fall off. It was a great following that night but I'm not sure they gave us both stands, might just have been the lower one.