Newcastle United 4-4 Luton Town (03/02/24) | Reaction: pg40

Yorkie

I dunno. I just think it’s really obvious we need to do something differently defensively when the team has a lot of a games to play in a short space of time. It’s the same issues every game we’re not quite at it physically - we just get destroyed on transitions.

They did their homework. Drop someone in the 10 area to play for free and then target the space behind Burn. That is all it takes, Emery missed the trick. Great to see Barnes back!

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

Howe should’ve made changes earlier.

VAR is yet again a complete waste of time

Luton were very good and if they play like that they’ll stay up

Something he needs to change, he needs to be more pro-active instead of reactive.

Just now, Big Geordie said:

Wow - that was some game and some comeback! Probs a fair result overall - we really struggled to deal with their physicality and pace. But we stuck at it. :thup:

Happy enough here.

:lol: happy enough with a point at home to a newly promoted team who've barely spent a penny. Jesus wept.

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Really poor result, let's call it what it is. Having to battle back against Luton at home isn't good enough if you want to finish in the European spots. 

Burn cannot start against Forest. 

I was very impressed with Luton. Stop being so arrogant 

Fucking disgraceful.

I’m sorry but how many times does it need to be shown that Burn can’t play at LB?

We have Livramento doing well, and we have Hall who can’t get a game but was Chelsea’s shining light last season.

Absolutely shocking both in terms of an attacking sense outside of a quick break away, and when not in possession. Joelinton being out of the squad just means that we have lost the midfield battle straight away, game after game.

I don’t care if you are top of the league, in our position, or in a relegation battle, you can’t concede 4 goals at home to a relegation candidate. If you score 4 goals in a game you should be winning it.

We were fucking shit and I’m not against him, but Howe needs to realise that he needs to drop Burn, of face the fucking consequences. He can’t have Livramento coming in, and Hall on a £30m promise and then expect that those above him will be happy when neither are getting played and Burn is costing us game after game.

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

:lol: happy enough with a point at home to a newly promoted team who've barely spent a penny. Jesus wept.

It was a really good game like. I really enjoyed it. People just love being utterly negative :lol: 

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

You've got a weird boner for Luton like. A newly promoted side at home, for a side targeting top 6, you need to win those games. It's not arrogant to expect us to win matches of that ilk. I'd expect to win the same fixture if I was a bloody Palace fan FFS.

2 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Wow - that was some game and some comeback! Probs a fair result overall - we really struggled to deal with their physicality and pace. But we stuck at it. :thup:

Happy enough here.

Yeah, I enjoyed it as well.  Some cowboy defending by us at times - but I’d happily watch crackers games like that every week

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Arrogant about what, not being happy about getting 1 scraped point in 2 games against Luton Town? :lol:

If that's what was needed for Howe to realise that Tino HAS to start over Burn then ill take it, but if Burn starts again for any other reason than TIno being unavaliable then its utter bollocks.