Newcastle United 4-4 Luton Town (03/02/24) | Reaction: pg40

Yorkie

Can’t afford to be dropping points against teams like Luton at home if we want to play in Europe again next year. 

Shocking again defensively, not helped by Burn having a stinker and Schar constantly trying to play up top. 

Mind you don't go onto get into the European spots dropping points to Luton. 

Just look at Brighton who have climbed up to 7th following a recent 4-0 defeat to Luton.

Just now, Thomson Mouse said:

I was very impressed with Luton. Stop being so arrogant 

Tbh I think we made them look better they are. We are shocking against teams that run on the ball. Everyone knows our weak spot. Annoying thing is the solution was sat on the bench.

Our problem already durng last season was slow defensive line, now Burn is not faster than last year and midfield of Miley-Longstaff-Bruno has to be the slowest ever in the PL. Howe should have sorted it out already.

That 10 mins injury time was so frustrating. So much time wasting during that and nothing extra added on to what it should have been.

Edited by Scotty66

2 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

I was very impressed with Luton. Stop being so arrogant 

Fuck off man :lol: it's not arrogant to say we shouldn't be going 4-2 down at home to a relegation battling team, having been ahead twice. It's obviously not good enough, especially given the nature of the goals we conceded in the second half. 

Just now, Pilko said:

You've got a weird boner for Luton like. A newly promoted side at home, for a side targeting top 6, you need to win those games. It's not arrogant to expect us to win matches of that ilk. I'd expect to win the same fixture if I was a bloody Palace fan FFS.

And you’ve got a weird floppy about beating teams like that.

They played really well, we should’ve changed things but expecting to walk over teams like that when we’ve still got a reduced Ashley era squad is arrogant

Just now, Stifler said:

Fucking disgraceful.

I’m sorry but how many times does it need to be shown that Burn can’t play at LB?

We have Livramento doing well, and we have Hall who can’t get a game but was Chelsea’s shining light last season.

Absolutely shocking both in terms of an attacking sense outside of a quick break away, and when not in possession. Joelinton being out of the squad just means that we have lost the midfield battle straight away, game after game.

I don’t care if you are top of the league, in our position, or in a relegation battle, you can’t concede 4 goals at home to a relegation candidate. If you score 4 goals in a game you should be winning it.

We were fucking shit and I’m not against him, but Howe needs to realise that he needs to drop Burn, of face the fucking consequences. He can’t have Livramento coming in, and Hall on a £30m promise and then expect that those above him will be happy when neither are getting played and Burn is costing us game after game.

You mean the same Burn was literally MOTM against both Fulham and Villa? And people where rightly praising in them games, and in two games that our defensive shape looked so much better in and we looked defensively solid?

What a cracking point for Luton. Great in the last 10 minutes.

Obvious to everyone except those that mattered that Burns was poorly suited to this game.

No Joelinton the rest of the way is going to be painful as shit.

Tino has to start moving forwards now.  On current form I'd even start Hall at left back ahead of Burn if he's match fit.

Good to see Wilson and Barnes back too; thought Wilson especially was excellent when he came on.  His hold up play up front arguably swung the game back in our favour.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Mag said:

Just had a look at livescore and seen Gordon was hooked at half time. Was it an injury or just a tactical switch?

Injured, got a knock right on half time.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Mag said:

Just had a look at livescore and seen Gordon was hooked at half time. Was it an injury or just a tactical switch?

Injury. Looked to be limping a bit at the end of the first half. 

Edited by Ridman

4pts away to Villa and Luton at home should be a decent a return but we’ve done it the wrong way round. Credit for pulling it back and Barnes looked like he’d never been out with an injury but that’s a real stinker of a result. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

2 minutes ago, Jilted Generator said:

Our back 4 are the slowest in the top flight, it’s fucking painful to watch. 

Get past our front 3 and there is no pace in our team. Especially with the Joes out and Howe refusing to start Tino.