Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 10/2/24 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

For obvious reasons.

We beat one of the best home teams 3-1 away from home 10 days ago. Can’t see any reason to change formation against Forest.

What I'd give for an Aston Villa away styled win and performance.

I just want us to look in control again, instead of having my fucking soul ripped out.

Please 0-2 Longstaff, Wilson

Hope thinks we should play this 😂

Dubravka

Schar Botman Burn

Trippier Longstaff Bruno Livramento 

Almiron Wilson Murphy

3 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Dubravka

Schar Botman Burn

Almiron Wilson Murphy

Don’t think that’s a bad shout and Howe did resort to the 3 at back late on against Villa.

Attacking options are limited and if you can get Trippier and Livramamto advanced don’t think that’s the worst thing.

Edited by Whitley mag

4 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Dubravka

Schar Botman Burn

Almiron Wilson Murphy

Why’s that funny? We absolutely cannot persist with that abysmal midfield 3.

6 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Playing Trippier and Livramento in midfield feels strange to me.

More wing backs I think he’s suggesting, with Bruno and Longstaff playing in double pivot.

Edited by Whitley mag

I've always really liked a 3-5-2/5-3-2.

When defending you can park the bus and have the width to hit the opposition on the break.

When you have the ball you can use the flanks or tuck them in and overload the midfield. 

Obviously need the right players for it but it gives you many options and styles of play very quickly.

Just can't see a genuine midfield 2 working with our lack of legs there unless the plan is to sit narrower/deeper and counter.

None of the front 3 are comfortable dropping in to that area if we're overloaded and our CBs seem allergic to aggressively pressing up as a unit, they seem to have picked up a bad habit of dropping off a lot.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

After the Luton game and our up and down form I don't know what to expect anymore.

I just wish we had a fully fit squad and a strong bench, because I know we'd smash these in those circumstances. 

Feel bad for Dan Burn because he's a great guy, and been fantastic for us last season, but you have to be brave sometimes as a manager and base things on form and performance. I did find it bizarre that Burn just walked straight back in to his position as soon as he was declared fit, at a time when Livramento was playing very well.

1 hour ago, mighty__mag said:

After the Luton game and our up and down form I don't know what to expect anymore.

I just wish we had a fully fit squad and a strong bench, because I know we'd smash these in those circumstances. 

Feel bad for Dan Burn because he's a great guy, and been fantastic for us last season, but you have to be brave sometimes as a manager and base things on form and performance. I did find it bizarre that Burn just walked straight back in to his position as soon as he was declared fit, at a time when Livramento was playing very well.

Tino was carrying a little niggle as Burn came back if I recall. Still should be ahead of Burn now though. 

12 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Why’s that funny? We absolutely cannot persist with that abysmal midfield 3.

Because playing wingbacks and wingers defeats the entire point of playing wingbacks?  You usually play wingbacks to allow for a three man midfield  

12 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Just can't see a genuine midfield 2 working with our lack of legs there unless the plan is to sit narrower/deeper and counter.

None of the front 3 are comfortable dropping in to that area if we're overloaded and our CBs seem allergic to aggressively pressing up as a unit, they seem to have picked up a bad habit of dropping off a lot.

They were doing it earlier in the season as well as last season. I feel like the lack of legs in front of them and not having Pope behind them. Has seen the whole team drop deeper or at least play with more space between the lines. 

Botman has seemed a bit sluggish since coming back from injury. He usually has that role of stepping out. Schar loves doing it. But usually only when we’re in possession :lol: I’m sure Lascelles has been the more aggressive one doing it this season. 

We reverted back to it at Villa. So fingers crossed. 

44 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Because playing wingbacks and wingers defeats the entire point of playing wingbacks?  You usually play wingbacks to allow for a three man midfield  

We played wing-backs and wingers/wide forwards with two CMs under Rafa for 5 months, and it was probably the spell with the most easy on the eye football played in between Robson and Howe.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Would be extremely stubborn by Howe to go with Burn again. He might do well and bounce back (hopefully that’s the case if so). Imo Tino MUST start if fit and fresh. 100% the right decision imo. 

Edited by Ikon