Nottingham Forest vs. Newcastle United: 10/2/24 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Some fucking short memories on here like, the shit BDB is getting is way overboard.

He should have been subbed earlier last week, as the mismatch-up was clear from minute one due to pace, otherwise he's hardly stank the season out. He's been decent and critical in some big wins.

Fickle fucking fans strike again. I'll trust Howe to make the call, but if's he up against Carl Lewis he needs to switch it out earlier, rather than watch him struggle.

45 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Just say fuck a duck as each of our four goals go in 😉 Here’s hoping you’ don’t have to endure the shame of fake celebrating a consolation goal. 

The reason I got hacky looks the last time was down to the accent so I'm probably better off saying fuck all [emoji38]

Dubs

Trippier Schar Botman Lascelles

Gordon Bruno Miley 

Murphy Wilson Miggy

I wouldn’t have Burn starting, but if we just control the ball better to start off, and don’t get bypassed with ease in midfield, it shouldn’t matter. Botman could then be more aggressive and cover Burn closer, but needs to remain centrally as him and Schar usually have two players coming towards them with the CMs on the wrong side.

26 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Some fucking short memories on here like, the shit BDB is getting is way overboard.

Haven't really involved myself or looked into the discourse much after the Luton game, and don't doubt there's some OTT comments made on here and elsewhere, but the general impression I get is that the majority of people:

1. Love Dan Burn

2. View him as a good ambassador for the club

3. Thinks he's a solid, versatile defender with limited ability to contribute offensively in open play

4. Don't think he should play at LB against pacy wingers

I don't mind Howe starting him today, but will of course discuss that choice if my fear comes true that Forest focuses him and tries to get Elange 1v1 or behind him which end up with us conceeding. Even if that happens I still trust both Burn and Howe to get it right.

If he starts and plays well I'll credit him and Howe for getting it right.

Edited by Conjo