Nottingham Forest 2-3 Newcastle United (10/02/24)

Yorkie

Longstaff is just meh....amount of times he just chases a man back hopelessly. It's a weekly feature. He was too busy arguing with the ref at one point and let his man run off him. Just a passive, sloppy and indecisive footballer. Our Midfield has ZERO recovery pace.

5 minutes ago, Emotic said:

The way we're shipping goals just illustrates how critical Pope is to our system, tbf. Dubs doesn't have the reach and isn't fully committed enough to the sweeper role to be effective. 

I made this point in the Pope thread last week. But apparently I was talking shit according to some and its solely the midfield to blame and not Dubs! 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Seen the players they have for the counter attacks?

We have been time and time again by them on the counter, so why the fuck is your CB running past the CM’s towards the opposition box instead of just fucking passing the ball?

No need to be that angry about things that could’ve happened. :lol:

The focus on Burn seems to be having a destabilising impact on the whole defence/team. Gordon is getting pinned back, and the whole backline is getting frazzled and discombobulated in really low pressure situations.

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Murphy and Barnes on will get the job done I think. Confident we’ll get it done. 

We are too fragile at the back, I’m confident we’ll score again but not confident they won’t score too.

that stuff about BDB playing so that he can sit back when tripps attacks looks to be bollocks.

he's forever needlessly bonmbing forwards and being caught out of position.

Edited by huss9

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

For what ? The inevitable goal because Burn was starting ? Or us leaking goals?

Who we blaming? Simple question? 

4 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Our defending is dreadful. We never have the game in control, always look like conceding against any opposition.

It's the midfield.  Longstaff and Miley follow the ball far too often and coupled with the lack of pace in the midfield they get bypassed far too easily. 

7 minutes ago, pubteam said:

Our defending is dreadful. We never have the game in control, always look like conceding against any opposition.

We are so easy to play through in midfield. Yes there’s issues wiht Burn but protection of back four is woeful. Attack looks impotent today too tho.

Dunno how many more times this has to happen before we see an actual proactive halftime sub from Howe. 

We cannot continue like this, we look like conceding every single time. But it feels such a simple solution to relief the pressure. 

I feel bad for constantly going on about it, but that first goal just highlights that Miley doesn’t have a clue what’s going on behind him at any point. If Joelinton goes we need two new midfielders in summer.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

People slate Miggy and think Murphy is the answer? Fucking hell, he’s had what, 2 good games?

Rock and a hard place. Poor winger or poor winger. Whoever isn't playing is suddenly elevated.

1 minute ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Longstaff is just meh....amount of times he just chases a man back hopelessly. It's a weekly feature. He was too busy arguing with the ref at one point and let his man run off him. Just a passive, sloppy and indecisive footballer. Our Midfield has ZERO recovery pace.

He's not the same player he was last year, definitely a yard slower after his injury. Our entire team has no recovery pace aside from Gordon.

Just now, joeyt said:

Wilson and Miggy have offered us nowt

Wilson has had no service - it is the same problem we have had for weeks - we are loosing the midfield battle.  Miss Big Joe badly.

Just now, 500bhp said:

I made this point in the Pope thread last week. But apparently I was talking shit according to some and its solely the midfield to blame and not Dubs! 

I honestly wouldn’t put Pope in the sweeper keeper category. Only two players I worry about on the ball are Burn and Pope. Pope outside of the box is the stuff of nightmares.