Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

Just now, Lotus said:

:dontknow:

I guess we’ll see. If something happens rather quickly now, we can infer Ashworth’s existing contract with the club may have been an influencing factor.

Seems like PSR may have been the influencing factor.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Seems like PSR may have been the influencing factor.

Was about to say that. Hopefully not too much of a problem, but I could imagine the situation would filter out some candidates who were looking for easy street.

1 minute ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Would love us to try and get Rangnick for this now that he's out of the Euros with Austria.

I’d be on board with this 

6 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Could be bollocks of course.

from Head of Youth Development to Sporting Director seems a big jump but let's see.

If we get one (or even both) in the academy setup, I'd be very happy

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

First thought was "What fucking league are Cobham in?"

Glad it wasn't just me, thought I was missing some in-joke [emoji38]

13 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Could be bollocks of course.

Left of field choice but could be very exciting if it happens. Looks like he's had an expanded role at Chelsea lately beyond the academy.

Personally, I don't like these rumours about exec recruits, possible stadium rebuilds and transfers coming out because it shows we're not being professional.

Or else, I don't like all these lack of rumours since I don't know what's going on and therefore have to assume it means nothing is going on.

Not sure. Anyway, it's difficult what to think negatively about first, but my word, I'll give it a shot.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

First thought was "What fucking league are Cobham in?"

Honestly thought to myself “we’re not signing some non league director of football are we”?

Vision:

Hello this is Neil Bath of NUFC we’d like to sign your attacking midfielder Julio Geordio. Will £500k, two nets, a bag of footballs, and some Boxes of Walkers crisp do it?

Clearly off to join Ashworth at the Mancs, unfortunately they’re assembling a very good team off the pitch and making us look like a right bunch of plodders in comparison.

Feels like club has stagnated slightly in recent months, would like to see some positive moves off the pitch this summer and some clear direction of travel.